Machine translation (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans. Do you agree or disagree?(Write at least 250 words)

Machine translation (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans. Do you agree or disagree?
(Write at least 250 words)

Nowadays technology has developed, among others, in the area of real time digital translators from a language to another one. In my opinion, there is no immediate way that the role and accuracy of human translators could be overcome by digital instruments, first of all because the potential combination of sentences in one language is almost infinite, and then because nowadays machines cannot learn by themselves new combinations of words that characterize human language evolution.

The high potential of machine translation (MT) is mainly linked, today, to basic sentences. In fact, if someone needs to translate easy and short phrases he receives positive feedbacks from software or online services that translate texts from a language to another one. Despite this, trying to translate more complex paragraphs always lead to texts with redundant mistakes, signal that human way to articulate concepts through words is still impossible to be fully emulated by MTs.

Another reason why I think that in the very next future MTs won’t fully emulate human translators is because of the lack of processes of self-learning. The point is that human beings learn new information in a very short time by simply listening or reading, while to input new data in MTs there are specific procedures. For instance, when I speak with a foreign person or read a paper in another language, I can pick up words or concepts and re-use them in my native idiom. This process is completely unknown for MTs, unless they are updated by a technician.

In conclusion I believe that it is not possible to believe, nowadays, that MTs will take over the role of translators from humans. In fact, because technology is not enough developed, our society will need human translators at least for the next decades.