The main reason people go to work is to earn money To what extent do you agree or disagree

The main reason people go to work is to earn money. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is true that the prime factor which drives people to work is money. There may be various ranges of reasons for working, but I somewhat believe that financial reason is the main motivation for people to work.

I agree that the majority of people work in order to earn money. Before taking any other factors into account, it is normal to first consider the salary that a particular post offers. It is rare to hear of a person who happily takes cut in pay when they beginning a new job. We all need money to pay our basic necessities, such as accommodation, bills and food. Many adults also have families who depend on the wages they earn and at the same time they are conscious about the savings for the future. If we no longer needed the money, I doubt most of us would continue in our jobs.

Despite the above arguments, I believe that there are also some other factors why people work. Work is a way of realizing one’s social value, earn money is not the only purpose. For example, Mother Theresa never worked for money, but was immensely happy with what she was doing. Work can motivate people to move forward in life, learn new skills and knowledge, become useful in society. Furthermore, working makes a good person either for himself or for his families and people also work to have communication with others which makes more cheerful in life.They can earn their money, not depend on others which makes them more confident.

For the reasons mentioned above, I somewhat agree that financial reason is the main attraction and motivation for people to work.