In many countries where capital punishment has been abolished there has been a corresponding rise in violent crime rates For this reason many governments are considering its reintroduction as a form of deterrent Should Capital Punishment be re introduced

In many countries where capital punishment has been abolished there has been a corresponding rise in violent crime rates. For this reason, many governments are considering its reintroduction as a form of deterrent. Should Capital Punishment be re-introduced? Discuss

In several nations, many people believe that the upsurge of crime is inextricably linked with the abandon of the use of death penalty. Thus, it is proposed that the governments should once again legalize capital punishment for the sake of the whole society. Nevertheless, as there are different arguments for and against this implementation, this essay will scrutinize both sides of this issue.

On the one hand, advocates of the above proposal claim that the reintroduction of death penalty is generally beneficial. Firstly, it could be regarded as a deterrent to the criminals. No doubt capital punishment is the highest sentence that murderers have to face, and this will provoke fears in people who are about to commit crime. The crime rates, as a consequence, will decline which confirms the effectiveness of this method. Secondly, if prisoners who commit capital offences are released after being imprisoned, they are likely to take vengeance on the innocent. It is true that numerous villains cannot turn into good people, continuing to harm others and therefore, death penalty should be put forward.

On the other hand, opponents may argue that the reuse is problematic in and of itself. A plausible reason is that in some cases, crime is committed unconciously in the name of self protection. Admittedly, people have the right to defense and it would be unfair for them to be found guilty. They deserve special care from specialists in order to come back to their normal lives after such accidents. Besides this, other factors also contribute to the recent increase in violence. A lack of civic education in the curriculum, the widespread use of guns are prime examples of this. Hence, re-introducing capital punishment might be unnecessary since other measures are more feasible.

In conclusion, just as a coin has two side, so does this practice. The governments should accordingly pay further attention to this tendency.

Read this link about sentence length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater

Read this link about Coherence:
http://www.testbig.com/question/coherence