In many parts of the world, children’s lives were different from today. What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of life fo children in the past?

The ways of children nowadays spending their time have changed since decades ago. Development of technology has involved in the changing of children life. While some people believe that there were several disadvantages of life for children in the past, I believe the advantages are quite more than it.

In my view, there were three benefits in the past. Firstly, children spent free time playing outside with other children who lived nearby, so it made children to be sociable. Secondly, they enjoyed dangerous activities like climbing trees or swimming in rivers. Moreover, children preferred walking home from school, rather than being taken in their parent’s car. These activities shaped their characteristic to be strong and brave. Lastly, children spent more time with family members than with babysitters because their school schedules were not full like children nowadays and their parents were not as busy as parents today.

On the other hand, there were number of disadvantages of children life in the past. The electronic devices such as television, computer, and cellphone were rare and just few people had it. As a result, children liked playing a lot, so they were lazy to study. Moreover, they were not being underpressure to be successful at school. For me, it is not too good if children don’t have pressure as courage to have a good achievement at school.

To sum up, I believe that disadvantages of children life in the past were less than the advantages. By applying study time to children, disadvantages could be reduced, so children are not lazy to study and have courage to get successful in study.