In many parts of the world, families were larger in the past because people had more children.Do you think there were more advantages or disadvantages to being part of a large family in the past?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant exampl

In many parts of the world, families were larger in the past because people had more children.
Do you think there were more advantages or disadvantages to being part of a large family in the past?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant example from your own knowledge and experience.

Family life in the modern area usually has few members of family, but in the past they had large families. Result shows there were advantages and disadvantages to have members of large family.

As I know, there were two main benefits. Firstly, children who lived in large family could learn social skill and not to be selfish people, because they played with their siblings in the house. Also, their siblings can teach good attitude to their younger sister or brother. Secondly, when children became adult persons, they would care for their parents that are responsibility for traditional family in the past. Because of that, parents would not be alone in their old age.

Nowadays, I think disadvantages of being member of big family are financial. Financial support is the essential aspect for children. This means if parents earn less money, they will not pay for children education and necessary. As a result, children will not get high education, and they cannot improve their ability to get excellent future.

In my view, this is very different from the past with large families. Attention was one of the important things, especially for children to their personal growth, because when children were becoming teenager, they could get many problems such as: problem about study at their school, about their change characteristic, and about puppy love. This was parents’ responsibility to give more attention for their children.

In conclusion, I believe that generally inhabitants will think twice before they run in large families. However, having large families is not bad idea, because you will not be alone when you became elder.

having large families is not bad idea,
having large families is not a bad idea,