In many parts of the world there is continuous coverage of sport on television. Some people believe this discourages the young from taking part in any sport themselves.Discuss this view and give your own opinion.

In many parts of the world there is continuous coverage of sport on television. Some people believe this discourages the young from taking part in any sport themselves.
Discuss this view and give your own opinion.

In today’s world, sport has become one of the most lucrative business in the broadcasting market. In fact, many people enjoy watching their favorite sport and, consequently, the number of channels that air sport events all day long has sharply increased in recent years.

That brought to the widespread opinion that this prevent people from playing a sport and that it is particularly true for what concerns the young.

It is of course undeniable that teenagers, males in particular, spend a large part of their spare time watching sport but I do not think of it as a cause for inactivity. By contrast, this can be seen as one of the factor that make playing a sport attractive.

I come from Italy where football is almost sacred and it is, by far, the most watched sport. This fact has not caused a decreasing in the number of football players among young and, actually, statistics show that there are more and more of them who play it. In fact, I must suggest that the attention reserved to football in coverage might, indeed, lead adolescents to take on it.

Moreover, professional football players are widely famous in my country and influent, as well. Therefore, this influence is wisely used to attract teenagers into the world of football.

In conclusion, it is no doubt true that young watch too often television but the fact that some of their favorite programmes are sport events does not necessarily mean that they might not enjoy taking on a sport.

Sentence: That brought to the widespread opinion that this prevent people from playing a sport and that it is particularly true for what concerns the young.
Description: The fragment this prevent people is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace prevent with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular

Write the essay with more vocabulary words. You have 40 minutes to write the essay.