Meat production requires relatively more than crop production. Some people think that as land is becoming scarce, world’s meat consumption should be reduced.What measures could be taken to reduce world’s meat consumption? What kinds of problems might meas

Meat production requires relatively more than crop production. Some people think that as land is becoming scarce, world’s meat consumption should be reduced.
What measures could be taken to reduce world’s meat consumption? What kinds of problems might measures cause?

It is not secret that yielding both meat and crops requires gargantuan amount of effort and land. However, former is assessed to demand much more than the latter one. It is suggested that production of meat should be restrained as land’s availability for cultivation is shrinking. This essay will elaborate on potential measures to minimize meat consuming and subsequent outcomes of these actions.

While considering on imposing restrictions in meat consumption, the role of mass media should not be ignored. Increasing public awareness on land scarcity - by broadcasting related shows and consequences of land–concerning problems - can be good starting point. Government funding, meanwhile, should be redirected toward stimulating crop production rather than meat production. By creating inadequate availability of meat products, high prices of those products will ensue and contributes to the decline of consumption simultaneously.

Admittedly, positive implications as well as side effects will appear resulting from those actions prompting limitations in meat production. On the one hand, those measures enable countries to use land more effectively since land is becoming more and more insufficient every year. Furthermore, a country can manage to provide essentials for its nation and low-priced crops will be widely available. On the other, regular and perfect penetration of nutrition and vitamins into body, which are particularly received from intake of meat, will be thwarted. Last but not least, imbalance of prices of products in market will occur and diversity of traditional and international types of food will be endangered.

All in all, in order to boost efficiency in usage of decreasing hectares of cultivation-available land both governments’ and citizens’ efforts are required. Availability of essentials will be stimulated by restricts on meat consuming albeit brings some undesirable results namely uniformity of meals.