Modern societies need specialists in certain fields, but not in others.Some people therefore think that governments should pay university fees for student who study subjects that are needed by society. Those who choose to study less relevant subjects shou

Modern societies need specialists in certain fields, but not in others.
Some people therefore think that governments should pay university fees for student who study subjects that are needed by society. Those who choose to study less relevant subjects should not receive government funding.
Would the advantages of such an educational policy outweigh the disadvantages?

Governments are indeed responsibility for education in a country. it is believed their obligation to support citizens to have the right of education without exception. Regarding the issue about a special treatment for students that study in certain majors, it will only lead to jealousy. These following statements will explain why the action bring negative impacts to students.

First and foremost, providing scholarships only for special fields is definitely unfair. It seems that other majors are redundant and do not deserve attention from the governments. All students should have equal chance to get help in financial whatever they study. The aid should not be based on major but academic records of students. There is no point to spend money on less potential children and neglect brilliant students in the other fields.

Secondly, the education policy could harm children’s dreams. It will encourage people to study something that they do not have passion in and give up their real dreams. For instance, it is common sense that parents are more proud of their children if they study medical or business rather than literature or history. Although those majors are same essential for society. A country does not only need doctors but also historians, humanists, and other specialist.

On the other hand, in spite of the downsides, the financial help by governments has a good effect for poor students in particular. By the funding, they have chance to go to university and it will be valuable for their future.

In conclusion, I personally think that the policy outbalance one side without considering the fact that every person has different talents and skills.