In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life.

In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.
This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life.

Multinational companies nowadays find it convenient both to market their goods all over the world and set up production facilities wherever they find it convenient. In my opinion this has had an adverse effect on our quality of life in three main areas.

The first area is their products. Supporters of globalization would argue that multinational companies make high-quality goods available to more people. While this may be true to some extent, it also means that we have less choice of products to consume. When powerful multinational companies invade local markets with their goods, they often are obliged local companies with fewer resources to go out of business. In consequence, we are obliged to buy multinational products whether we like them or not.

This brings me to my second point. It is sometimes said that multinational companies and globalisation are making societies more open. This may be true. However, I would point out that as a result the human race is losing its cultural diversity. If we consumed varied products, societieswherever we live would be more varied. This can be seen by the fact that we all shop in identicalmultinational supermarkets and buy identical products wherever we live.

Thirdly, defenders of multinational companies often point out that they provide jobs. Although this is undoubtedly true, it also means that we have become more valnurable on them, which in turn makes us more vulnerable to their decisions. When, for example, a multinational decides to move its production facilities to another country, this has an adverse effect on its workers who lose their jobs.

All in all, I believe that if we as voters pressured our governments to make multinational companies more responsible and to protect local producers from outside competition, we could have the benefits of globalisation without its disadvantages.

Sentence: When, for example, a multinational decides to move its production facilities to another country, this has an adverse effect on its workers who lose their jobs.
Description: An adjective is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to multinational and decides

Sentence: Although this is undoubtedly true, it also means that we have become more valnurable on them, which in turn makes us more vulnerable to their decisions.
Error: valnurable Suggestion: vulnerable

Good arguments but need to improve language.