My IELTS test experience with band 8 5 overall

My IELTS test experience with band 8.5 overall

Hi all!

I took IELTS Feb 26 (academic) and I just got the results. I got 8-9-7-9, a total of 8.5. I didn't know that it was possible to get a 0.5 grade over-all. But that's what's written in the TRF I received...

I would just like to thank everyone in this great site Testbig.com for helping me achieve my score on my first attempt.

To those who will be taking IELTS soon, my advice is just to practice, practice, practice!

Time yourself. Also, there are many free sites shared by many in Testbig and all you have to do is download. They are more than enough! I practiced for a month but not as much as I wanted to because I'm working full time. So I guess the minimum time to review and still get a reasonable score is 1 month.

Obviously, my weakest was the writing part. I just hate writing essays! So I figured to share with you what I could remember so far. Task 1 asked to interpret a table on a survey regarding theaters. Task 2 wanted to know my views on the impact of computers on social issues. I had a hard time interpreting the table because the figures given were a bit tricky!

Thanks again everyone here in Testbig community for helping me make a step closer to my dream.