You are hereNews editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in a newspaper. What factors do you think influence their decision? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in a newspaper. What factors do you think influence their decision? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

serene123's picture

By serene123 - Posted on 20 November 2012

News in this world has a great impact on public and world's dependency, interests are increasing highly towards newspapers and television. Media is gaining popularity day by day because it is approaching to every part of the world and satisfying the needs of different persons.

News provide us information about latest events, current affairs, international and national occasions, means different types of news are available in the market. This fast progress gave media ways to create more news for getting more benefit and for fulfilling this ambition news editors are said to edit only those news who are liked by public and earn them more profits.

Even majority of audience wants to read or watch gossips than real topics, this helped in the arrival of bad news which are damaging our culture, society, ethical values, etc. From decades, public is interested in knowing the bad side of a news more than the good side, this is also made a trend for today's existing newspapers to provide more attractive news in public.

News editing is done in a matter of providing more bad than good gossips, also publican's interest in bad news and even the competition faced by newspapers or television for more popularity resulted in the arrival of bad news on the screen.

I think we are adapted to read or watch more disgusting news than good ones and even if we search for good views in the newspapers we find only the bad news. Now, our eyes love to read news about something bad happening.

Although, bad news gives us information about how the bad circumstances can be created by the mistakes of people but doesn't inform us, how to tackle this kind of problems, shows us the bad impact of any thing, organisation on us, on environment but doesn't provide advice for safety.

Moreover, it just lets us see the cause and highlights the impact of a problem but doesn't give us any solution of problems such news are not right to be given in public as it shows only the wrong side. Thus, it is better to have more good news in our papers and on television that can guide us to do good things, can give us nice ideas to live a better life and overcome the influence of bad news.

anis Bangladesh

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? adventurer
The graph shows the proportion of the population aged 65 and over between 1940 and 2040 in three different countries. Dilbar
Some people believe that other people are born with certain talents. But, some people claimed that children can be taught to have good talents. Fardhani Dwi Ar...
The exploration and development of safe alternatives to fossil fuels should be the most important global priority today.To what extent do you agree or disagree? MisterWandering sticky icon
Fatherhood ought to be emphasized as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing the children up. fialka
Millions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such asAustralia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college oruniversity.Why do so many people want to study in English?Why is English such an important international langu serene123
It is generally agreed that society benefits from the work of its members. Compare the contributions of artists with the contributions of scientists to society. Which contribution is more valued by society? sfaht1 sticky icon
Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem? Pushpa sticky icon
People in big cities prefer to live alone or in small family units instead of large family groups. Do you think this is positive or negative trend? mrmo2610
The chart below shows the number of men and women in further education in Britain in three periods and whether they were studying full-time or part-time. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where re Azizat

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
A friend of yours is going on a holiday and has asked you to recommend a destination.Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, where you stayed, what you can do there and what Eric john sticky icon
The diagram below shows the production of steam using a gas cooled nuclear reactor Lê Kim Kiều Anh
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
some expert believe that it is better for children to begin learning foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school ifhaa
One of your friends is planning to visit your country and asking you for some information. Write a letter to him/her and say- When the best period to visit your country is- suggest a plan for the travel- recommend places to visit in your country marzieh
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Do you think business should hire employees who spend their entire life working for company . Explain why you agree or disagree ! novieaherliyani
In western countries many people spend lots of money on their pets. They buy special food for their cats and dogs; but them toys and often pay high fees for their medical treatment. Some people think, this is a waste of money and argue that pets are dirty serene123

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1997 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where luckysun
The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five cities between 1990 to 2002 compared with 1989. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Many schools these days have problems with poor student behavior. Why do you think these problems occur? What could be done to tackle these problems tycoonss
You and your friend recently went on a holiday together. You have a problem with your photos taken during the holiday. Write a letter to ask your friend for a particular photo and say- What is a problem with your photographs?- Which photo would you like f Rahi
The time table below shows the results of an airline survey in 2011 of economy class male and female travellers of different ages.The members show which groups ranked particular in flight features as the most important.Summarise the information by choosi josnathomas sticky icon
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon

Sentence: Although, bad news gives us information about how the bad circumstances can be created by the mistakes of people but doesn't inform us, how to tackle this kind of problems, shows us the bad impact of any thing, organisation on us, on environment but doesn't provide advice for safety.
Error: organisation Suggestion: organization

Some sentences can be shorter.