You are hereNews editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in a newspaper. What factors do you think influence their decision? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in a newspaper. What factors do you think influence their decision? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

serene123's picture

By serene123 - Posted on 20 November 2012

News in this world has a great impact on public and world's dependency, interests are increasing highly towards newspapers and television. Media is gaining popularity day by day because it is approaching to every part of the world and satisfying the needs of different persons.

News provide us information about latest events, current affairs, international and national occasions, means different types of news are available in the market. This fast progress gave media ways to create more news for getting more benefit and for fulfilling this ambition news editors are said to edit only those news who are liked by public and earn them more profits.

Even majority of audience wants to read or watch gossips than real topics, this helped in the arrival of bad news which are damaging our culture, society, ethical values, etc. From decades, public is interested in knowing the bad side of a news more than the good side, this is also made a trend for today's existing newspapers to provide more attractive news in public.

News editing is done in a matter of providing more bad than good gossips, also publican's interest in bad news and even the competition faced by newspapers or television for more popularity resulted in the arrival of bad news on the screen.

I think we are adapted to read or watch more disgusting news than good ones and even if we search for good views in the newspapers we find only the bad news. Now, our eyes love to read news about something bad happening.

Although, bad news gives us information about how the bad circumstances can be created by the mistakes of people but doesn't inform us, how to tackle this kind of problems, shows us the bad impact of any thing, organisation on us, on environment but doesn't provide advice for safety.

Moreover, it just lets us see the cause and highlights the impact of a problem but doesn't give us any solution of problems such news are not right to be given in public as it shows only the wrong side. Thus, it is better to have more good news in our papers and on television that can guide us to do good things, can give us nice ideas to live a better life and overcome the influence of bad news.

It is believed Global warming is a natural phenomenon but others consider it a man made problem. what are your views in this matter? Can it be eliminated? harjinder singh
Write an essay on the effects of pollution and daily waste created by humans. Explain in detail how it is affecting us. What measures should we take to make things better in this regard? Use your personal experience and opinion where possible. Guru sticky icon
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views acachan1
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same thing and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. helia123
People who live in large cities face a range of problems in their daily life.What are the most significant of these problems?How can these problems be tackled? Eldjan
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what ways has technology affected the types of relationship people make.Does it have a positive or negative impact? nancyprabs sticky icon
Why should the government help working parents by providing child care facilities.( RE-WRITE) Tessy James sticky icon
Some people think that students who don’t take break in studies between the high school and the university are at disadvantage compared to students who travel and work after high school further continuing their education. Do you agree or disagree? Ayash
“Most old people are suffering from two main problems. One of them is loneliness and the second one is poor fitness. What are the causes of these problems and what could be done to reduce the effects that might result from these problems?” aisha.oab sticky icon
The Table below shows the worldwide market share of the mobile phone market for manufacturers in the years 2005 and 2006. BeurejangnaDena

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
some parent believe that watching and paying computer games should be limited and subtitled by reading books.do you agree or disagree? rahele
The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination. eddysuaib
Nowadays an increasingnumber of people changetheir career and place ofresidence several times duringtheir life. Is this a positive ora negative development? Justin
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The private modern vehicle has greatly improved individual freedom of movement. Moreover, it has become a status symbol. Its use though has impacted negatively on city centres as a whole. What are some serious problems brought about by private motor vehic satyakrishna23

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon

The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon

Sentence: Although, bad news gives us information about how the bad circumstances can be created by the mistakes of people but doesn't inform us, how to tackle this kind of problems, shows us the bad impact of any thing, organisation on us, on environment but doesn't provide advice for safety.
Error: organisation Suggestion: organization

Some sentences can be shorter.