Essay topics: News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in a newspaper. What factors do you think influence their decision? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?
News in this world has a great impact on public and world's dependency, interests are increasing highly towards newspapers and television. Media is gaining popularity day by day because it is approaching to every part of the world and satisfying the needs of different persons.
News provide us information about latest events, current affairs, international and national occasions, means different types of news are available in the market. This fast progress gave media ways to create more news for getting more benefit and for fulfilling this ambition news editors are said to edit only those news who are liked by public and earn them more profits.
Even majority of audience wants to read or watch gossips than real topics, this helped in the arrival of bad news which are damaging our culture, society, ethical values, etc. From decades, public is interested in knowing the bad side of a news more than the good side, this is also made a trend for today's existing newspapers to provide more attractive news in public.
News editing is done in a matter of providing more bad than good gossips, also publican's interest in bad news and even the competition faced by newspapers or television for more popularity resulted in the arrival of bad news on the screen.
I think we are adapted to read or watch more disgusting news than good ones and even if we search for good views in the newspapers we find only the bad news. Now, our eyes love to read news about something bad happening.
Although, bad news gives us information about how the bad circumstances can be created by the mistakes of people but doesn't inform us, how to tackle this kind of problems, shows us the bad impact of any thing, organisation on us, on environment but doesn't provide advice for safety.
Moreover, it just lets us see the cause and highlights the impact of a problem but doesn't give us any solution of problems such news are not right to be given in public as it shows only the wrong side. Thus, it is better to have more good news in our papers and on television that can guide us to do good things, can give us nice ideas to live a better life and overcome the influence of bad news.
- You should spend about 20 minutes and write at least 150 words.You do not need to write any addresses, begin your letter as follows:Dear..............A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won' (60)
- The diagram below shows nitrogen sources and concentration levels in the groundwater of a coastal city. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feauters.Write at least 150 words. (74.5455)
- The table below shows consumer perferences for the features of automatic washing machines in different countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. (74.375)
- The table and graph below give information about the gross domestic product (GDP) and employment sectors of a developing country.summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature and make comparisons where relevent.write at least 150 w (80)
- Q- Many lives are in danger when hastily erected bulidings collapse because safety standards have been sacrificed to get quick profits. to prevent disaster of this kind, goverment should play greater role in setting and enforcing safety standards for buli (75)
- A government's role is only to provide defense capability and urban infrastructure, such as roads, water and power. All other services, such as education, health and social security, should be provided by private groups or individuals in the community.To (78.5)
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task The table below shows the results of an airline survey in 2011 of economy class male and female travellers of different ages. The numbers show which groups ranked particular in-flight features as the most imp (70)
- In the past, buildings often reflected the culture of a society but today all modern buildings look alike and cities through out the world are becoming more and more similar.What do you think is the reason for this, and is it a good thing or a bad thing?Y (83.33329999999999)
- A lot of administrative work is done after the IELTS test. Below is a chart of what happens to the candidate's IELTS test after the test has been completed.Describe the chart,You should write at least 150 words. (77.5)
- Millions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such asAustralia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college oruniversity.Why do so many people want to study in English?Why is English such an important international langu (80.7895)