You are hereNews editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in a newspaper. What factors do you think influence their decision? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in a newspaper. What factors do you think influence their decision? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

serene123's picture

By serene123 - Posted on 20 November 2012

News in this world has a great impact on public and world's dependency, interests are increasing highly towards newspapers and television. Media is gaining popularity day by day because it is approaching to every part of the world and satisfying the needs of different persons.

News provide us information about latest events, current affairs, international and national occasions, means different types of news are available in the market. This fast progress gave media ways to create more news for getting more benefit and for fulfilling this ambition news editors are said to edit only those news who are liked by public and earn them more profits.

Even majority of audience wants to read or watch gossips than real topics, this helped in the arrival of bad news which are damaging our culture, society, ethical values, etc. From decades, public is interested in knowing the bad side of a news more than the good side, this is also made a trend for today's existing newspapers to provide more attractive news in public.

News editing is done in a matter of providing more bad than good gossips, also publican's interest in bad news and even the competition faced by newspapers or television for more popularity resulted in the arrival of bad news on the screen.

I think we are adapted to read or watch more disgusting news than good ones and even if we search for good views in the newspapers we find only the bad news. Now, our eyes love to read news about something bad happening.

Although, bad news gives us information about how the bad circumstances can be created by the mistakes of people but doesn't inform us, how to tackle this kind of problems, shows us the bad impact of any thing, organisation on us, on environment but doesn't provide advice for safety.

Moreover, it just lets us see the cause and highlights the impact of a problem but doesn't give us any solution of problems such news are not right to be given in public as it shows only the wrong side. Thus, it is better to have more good news in our papers and on television that can guide us to do good things, can give us nice ideas to live a better life and overcome the influence of bad news.