You are hereIn order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are advantages of such a solution?

In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are advantages of such a solution?

Ngọc Trang's picture

By Ngọc Trang - Posted on 24 August 2013

It is an indisputable fact that taxing private car owners heavily and using the money to improve public transportation solve traffic problems effectively. But like everything else, there are undoubtedly two sides to this issue. This solution can reduce traffic jam, but that makes many people have to give up the dream having a car for travelling, and this essay aims to highlight both.

For starters, one positive outcome of this is that reduce traffic congesion problems. Predictably, when goverments tax private car owners heavily, the number of car used to travel will fall down. Therefore, there are fewer cars used for tralling, others smaller vehicle will be circulated easier because space for a car is large double space for a motorbike. In addition, the government can have more money because of taxing to repair and build transport works, such as traffic light, road system, etc. The traffic system becomes better and the problem of traffic will be less serious.

Regardless of these advantages, one negative outcome that needs to be addresses is that the dream having a car is difficult to become true. The government taxing private car owners heavily means that the price of car go up. In Viet Nam, because of taxing private car owners, to have a new car, people have to pay double, even triple the price of same car saled in USA. In fact, just the rich who have income higher 50 million per month can afford to buy a car.

I would like to conclude by saying then that society needs to be aware of both posivetive and negative consequences before any action that can alter the status will be taken.

anis Bangladesh

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

anis Bangladesh

Some people prefer shopping in shopping centers, while others prefer local markets. What are the advantages of each? sfaht1 sticky icon
The graph below shows the proportion of the population aged 65 and over between 1940 and 2040 in three different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. fikri
Universities should accept equal number of males and females. Do you agree or disagre dido272000
The table below give information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. andaihiep
The world is experiencing a dramatic increase in population. This is causing not only for poor, undeveloped countries, but also for industrialized and developing nations. Describe some of the problems that overpopulation causes, and suggest at least one p Yves
Nowadays, more and more young unmarried adults are choosing to study and live outside their parents’ homes. Do you think this trend is positive? sfaht1 sticky icon
Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more advantages of living in an apartment.Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house as compared with living in an apartment? grt2bagal sticky icon
Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day. Working from home should be encouraged as it is good for workers and employers. Do you agree or disagree? samaneee sticky icon
News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers. What factors do you think influence these decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported? Yves
The diagram below gives information about the manufacture of frozen fish pies.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Proxis

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
A friend of yours is going on a holiday and has asked you to recommend a destination.Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, where you stayed, what you can do there and what Eric john sticky icon
The diagram below shows the production of steam using a gas cooled nuclear reactor Lê Kim Kiều Anh
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
some expert believe that it is better for children to begin learning foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school ifhaa
One of your friends is planning to visit your country and asking you for some information. Write a letter to him/her and say- When the best period to visit your country is- suggest a plan for the travel- recommend places to visit in your country marzieh
People in big cities prefer to live alone or in small family units instead of large family groups. Do you think this is positive or negative trend? mrmo2610
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Do you think business should hire employees who spend their entire life working for company . Explain why you agree or disagree ! novieaherliyani
In western countries many people spend lots of money on their pets. They buy special food for their cats and dogs; but them toys and often pay high fees for their medical treatment. Some people think, this is a waste of money and argue that pets are dirty serene123

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you. When and where you used the taxi. Describe a problem you have faced.What do you expect the manager to do? Barb.a
The diagram below show the development of the horse over a period of 40 million yearsWrite a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below Shokh sticky icon
Do you think it is better for students to work before their university study? Why? Share reasons and specific examples to support your choice. the beauty of E...
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
All over the world, societies are facing a growing problem with obesity. This problem affects both children and adults. What are the reasons for this rise in obesity? How it could be tackled? tycoonss
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon

Sentence: It is an indisputable fact that taxing private car owners heavily and using the money to improve public transportation solve traffic problems effectively.
Description: The fragment transportation solve traffic is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace solve with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular

Sentence: For starters, one positive outcome of this is that reduce traffic congesion problems.
Description: A conjunction, subordinating is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to that and reduce

Sentence: The government taxing private car owners heavily means that the price of car go up.
Description: The fragment car go up is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace go with verb, past tense

Error: congesion Suggestion: congestion

Sentence: Predictably, when goverments tax private car owners heavily, the number of car used to travel will fall down.
Error: goverments Suggestion: governments

Sentence: In Viet Nam, because of taxing private car owners, to have a new car, people have to pay double, even triple the price of same car saled in USA.
Error: saled Suggestion: sold

Sentence: I would like to conclude by saying then that society needs to be aware of both posivetive and negative consequences before any action that can alter the status will be taken.
Error: posivetive Suggestion: positive