You are hereIn order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are advantages of such a solution?

In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are advantages of such a solution?

Ngọc Trang's picture

By Ngọc Trang - Posted on 24 August 2013

It is an indisputable fact that taxing private car owners heavily and using the money to improve public transportation solve traffic problems effectively. But like everything else, there are undoubtedly two sides to this issue. This solution can reduce traffic jam, but that makes many people have to give up the dream having a car for travelling, and this essay aims to highlight both.

For starters, one positive outcome of this is that reduce traffic congesion problems. Predictably, when goverments tax private car owners heavily, the number of car used to travel will fall down. Therefore, there are fewer cars used for tralling, others smaller vehicle will be circulated easier because space for a car is large double space for a motorbike. In addition, the government can have more money because of taxing to repair and build transport works, such as traffic light, road system, etc. The traffic system becomes better and the problem of traffic will be less serious.

Regardless of these advantages, one negative outcome that needs to be addresses is that the dream having a car is difficult to become true. The government taxing private car owners heavily means that the price of car go up. In Viet Nam, because of taxing private car owners, to have a new car, people have to pay double, even triple the price of same car saled in USA. In fact, just the rich who have income higher 50 million per month can afford to buy a car.

I would like to conclude by saying then that society needs to be aware of both posivetive and negative consequences before any action that can alter the status will be taken.

axomyCamn Ghana

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon

Sentence: It is an indisputable fact that taxing private car owners heavily and using the money to improve public transportation solve traffic problems effectively.
Description: The fragment transportation solve traffic is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace solve with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular

Sentence: For starters, one positive outcome of this is that reduce traffic congesion problems.
Description: A conjunction, subordinating is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to that and reduce

Sentence: The government taxing private car owners heavily means that the price of car go up.
Description: The fragment car go up is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace go with verb, past tense

Error: congesion Suggestion: congestion

Sentence: Predictably, when goverments tax private car owners heavily, the number of car used to travel will fall down.
Error: goverments Suggestion: governments

Sentence: In Viet Nam, because of taxing private car owners, to have a new car, people have to pay double, even triple the price of same car saled in USA.
Error: saled Suggestion: sold

Sentence: I would like to conclude by saying then that society needs to be aware of both posivetive and negative consequences before any action that can alter the status will be taken.
Error: posivetive Suggestion: positive