You are hereIn order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are advantages of such a solution?

In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are advantages of such a solution?

Ngọc Trang's picture

By Ngọc Trang - Posted on 24 August 2013

It is an indisputable fact that taxing private car owners heavily and using the money to improve public transportation solve traffic problems effectively. But like everything else, there are undoubtedly two sides to this issue. This solution can reduce traffic jam, but that makes many people have to give up the dream having a car for travelling, and this essay aims to highlight both.

For starters, one positive outcome of this is that reduce traffic congesion problems. Predictably, when goverments tax private car owners heavily, the number of car used to travel will fall down. Therefore, there are fewer cars used for tralling, others smaller vehicle will be circulated easier because space for a car is large double space for a motorbike. In addition, the government can have more money because of taxing to repair and build transport works, such as traffic light, road system, etc. The traffic system becomes better and the problem of traffic will be less serious.

Regardless of these advantages, one negative outcome that needs to be addresses is that the dream having a car is difficult to become true. The government taxing private car owners heavily means that the price of car go up. In Viet Nam, because of taxing private car owners, to have a new car, people have to pay double, even triple the price of same car saled in USA. In fact, just the rich who have income higher 50 million per month can afford to buy a car.

I would like to conclude by saying then that society needs to be aware of both posivetive and negative consequences before any action that can alter the status will be taken.

A lot of administrative work is done after the IELTS test. Below is a chart of what happens to the candidate's IELTS test after the test has been completed.Describe the chart,You should write at least 150 words. serene123 sticky icon
Students should choose subjects for themselves? Muhammad Daniyal
There are more problems in big cities today, what are problems? Should government encourage people live in the regional town? K11105128
You write a letter to the manager of an airport about the service you received from the service personnelSpecify the service that helped you a lotDescribe the person who was involvedAdvise what you want the manager to do carolsusu
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. maryam2900
Advertisement lead to high sales, agree or disagree maryam2900
In the world today, how can companies keep their employees happy? Express your idea and bring reasons, for example how salary, health care and holiday can make employees happy. robertzacaria
The diagram below shows method of using wave-air to produce electricity.Summerise the information by selecting and reporting the main featurs BeurejangnaDena
“Failure is proof that the desire wasn’t enough.”To what extend do you agree or disagree? panji sticky icon
chorleywood is a village near london whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below show the development of the village. simargill sticky icon

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers.They are used in business,hospitals,crime detection and even to fly planes.What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspecious of the dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Should wealthy nation be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education ?Or is it the responsibility of the government of poorer nation to look after their themselves? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision making positions in governments; others however disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Blackgold IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao IELTS Writing Task II

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The figures below show the proposed plan of an exhibition gallery.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 IELTS Writing Task I
Transport Modes in a European City 1960-2000 djongiskhan IELTS Writing Task I
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I

Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT A SENSE OF COMPETITION IN CHILDREN SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED.OTHERS BELIEVE THAT CHILDREN WHO ARE TAUGHT TO CO-OPERATE RATHER THAN COMPETE BECOME MORE USEFUL ADULTS dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people say that all secondary and higher secondary school students should be taught how to manage money as it is an important life skill. Do you agree or disagree with this argument? kulvinder singh IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: It is an indisputable fact that taxing private car owners heavily and using the money to improve public transportation solve traffic problems effectively.
Description: The fragment transportation solve traffic is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace solve with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular

Sentence: For starters, one positive outcome of this is that reduce traffic congesion problems.
Description: A conjunction, subordinating is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to that and reduce

Sentence: The government taxing private car owners heavily means that the price of car go up.
Description: The fragment car go up is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace go with verb, past tense

Error: congesion Suggestion: congestion

Sentence: Predictably, when goverments tax private car owners heavily, the number of car used to travel will fall down.
Error: goverments Suggestion: governments

Sentence: In Viet Nam, because of taxing private car owners, to have a new car, people have to pay double, even triple the price of same car saled in USA.
Error: saled Suggestion: sold

Sentence: I would like to conclude by saying then that society needs to be aware of both posivetive and negative consequences before any action that can alter the status will be taken.
Error: posivetive Suggestion: positive