In the past most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else Nowadays most people live in large cities where they only know a few people in their area What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small commun

In the past, most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else. Nowadays, most people live in large cities where they only know a few people in their area.
What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small community?

In the present , the ability of people to get along with other people in their surrounding has declined gradually, especially who live in the large city. However, were people who lived in the small village always better in all points of view?.

There were some benefits of living in a small area. First of all, it was less polluted than in the big city. The air was fresh. The sky was bluer and the water was cleaner. The atmosphere was environmentally friendly. So living in a such village was good for people’s health. Secondly, people who lived in a small community had a strong emotional relationship. Because most of them were related by blood, as a result, they were connected and helped each other. They were friendly to others even they did not know who they are. They looked like very happy and enjoyed their life.

However, in my view, living in a small area tended to isolate themselves. The inhabitants who were met everyday almost same. Most of them were in the same races and probably had some backgrounds. The citizens would never know other people’s culture. As a matter of fact, there were many things from others that was better to know. Not only they could reach much knowledge but also enrich their insight. Furthermore, they were not well-educated because perhaps the nearest school was in the next village or some miles away.

On the whole, it is quite understandable that the inhabitants looked as though happy, but in fact, they did not realize that there were some crucial aspects which were more important that make them outdated.

Not only they could reach much knowledge but also enrich their insight.
Description: not only ... but also ... is not used properly