A person s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions Old fashioned values such as honour kindness and trust no longer seem important To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion

A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material
possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

A person’s worth nowadays seem to be judged according to social status and material possessions, I agree and disagree with this opinion. Although people often say that the inner beauty of a person is more important than the outer beauty, but that is not always true. In my opinion, that only happens in dramas and fairy tales but not in real life. In real life, most people will still look at the first impression when choosing friends or even their other half, and that is their appearance. First impression is important as that will result in if the person is interested in knowing you better. Thus, normally males and females will be attracted to the more good looking people. Although that will be unfair to those people who are not good looking, but that is the cruelty of life, people are often more realistic than you thought.

However, not all judge people by their appearance. There are still people who think that it is more important for a person to have old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust in them. The outer beauty of a person can be change easily by plastic surgery or even make up, but the inner beauty of a person could not be change, that is the real value or worth of a person. What is the point of having a good appearance but a bad character? A person’s social status and material possessions can be changed as time goes by, social status can be changed with hard work while material possessions can be bought with money.

In conclusion, I disagree with the opinion. A good looking person may not have a good character, but a not so good looking person may have a good character. Thus, I feel that people should not judge a person’s worth by looking at his or social status and material possessions, as old-fashioned values are more important when choosing friends or even the other half, we should not judge a book by its cover.

Better to have five paragraphs, like this:

para 1: introduction. my opinion. agree or disagree
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion: because of reasons 1,2,3, so i agree/disagree.