Shopping has become a favorite pastime among young people Why do you think it is like that and do you think they must be encouraged to do other things rather than shopping

Shopping has become a favorite pastime among young people. Why do you think it is like that, and do you think they must be encouraged to do other things rather than shopping?

In recent times, fashion and clothing has influenced people in many ways, which has made youth to spend more time on shopping. Let us discuss more about the cause behind it and what can be done to overcome from these.

Firstly, western influence and movies has been the important factor for youth to spend more time on shopping. Emerging IT companies and culture adopted by youth's working in these firms has changed their perception towards shopping because of high income earned. Secondly, movies in (deleted - the) recent times are concentrating mainly on fashion and shopping which inspires the concept to impress their lover or friends. Which in turn is adopted by youth as a favorite pastime during weekends.

In my thoughts, youth must be motivated to spend more time on developing sports and other cultural activities like singing, dancing and reading. This could help them to learn an art or skill that could indirectly help or support them in future, in terms of fame and money. Whereas shopping will only help in spending money.

I am inclined to believe that shopping will not only waste time but also money spent during shopping. Whereas encouraging them would result in building better economy and future for youth.

Minimum 250 words wanted.

Can you change your text editor, the format is not correct.