Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance?Discuss this issue, and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant e

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance?

Discuss this issue, and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant

examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

In today's world, there are various means of entertainment. One of them is arts related and the entertainment is displayed in venues such as museums and art galleries. The issue of whether the general public should be charged for admittance to the above-mentioned entertainment venues or not, will have varied opinions. In my opinion, the general public should be charged for admittance.

I have been to various museums and art galleries in India. For example, railway museum where I visited and paid a charge of admittance at the allocated counter(s). Funds are required in order to maintain the museums and the art galleries. In addition, the staff at these venues need to be paid their wages. On other hand, there are museums and the art galleries that are maintained by the state government and the expenses
are not forced on the general public.

To sum up, I would like to say that the existence of the admittance charges should not have a major impact on the lives of the general public. However, I would suggest that all such entertainment venues should be taken over by the respective state government(s) so that effective measures can be taken to reduce the admittance charges for the general public, if not completely removed. For example, if the admittance charge is Rs. 100, then the government can workout a solution in such a manner that it pays Rs. 60 and the balance Rs. 40 is charged from the general public. This will really increase the interests of general public and the venues will be more productive for the government.

No. of Words: 264 350 (need more words)
Avg. Sentence Length: 16.5 21.0 (need more compound or complex sentences)
Number of Paragraphs: 3 5 (need four or five paragraphs)