Should education and health care be free of charge

Progress and development of any country is depends on the level of education and health of its citizen. It can be argued that, the basic needs of people like education and health care are the prime responsibility of any responsible government. This essay will analyse this issue in detail.

First of all, free education and health care are the right of each individual. The cost of which is very higher, so many people cannot afford it. For instance, in India, more than half of its population is still under poverty. When they need to spend a considerable amount of money on their children’s education, they opt not to allow their kids to enter in to the education system of the country. This would have a detrimental effect of the economy of the country.

Secondly, when health care is free, people tend to approach the health care provider frequently, even for minor ailments, which in turn help the doctors to make early diagnosis and treatment. It would eventually help the individual and the country as a whole, because it is said that ‘prevention is better than cure. Clear evidence of this can be seen in the economies of developed countries like the USA and Australia was health care and education is for its population.

Finally, social well being of the whole society is increased when they are literate and free from other ailments. Moreover it would enable them to lead a peaceful life, which in turn raises the productivity of the nation.

To conclude, the well being of every individual in a constitution is the prime responsibility of its government. A healthy, well educated society can be able to determine the progress of a nation.

Sentence: Progress and development of any country is depends on the level of education and health of its citizen.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to is and depends