Should universities accept equal number of male and female students?

Most people want to continue their studies after finishing high schools and to acquire job skills which they will need in a workplace. Some people think that a university should give equal numbers of pots to males and females, while other say it is not very important part of it.

Firstly, there are some majors that are interested by men or women such as engineering or military. For example, the government gives more interest to males rather than females in the military and defence while most women want to be a school teacher than training everyday.

Secondly, students who have better exam scores should be applied by universities. For instance, there are about two hundred limit for a particular university and the university has to accept top 200 students of applicants.

In contrast, if the rule which determines Males and females should be accepted equally, it would be unfair to some male or female students who did better results in the exams but could not enter.

In my opinion, higher educational institutions should accept students compared to their ability and results, not their genders. In this way it would be more appropriate than other types of admission

Minimum 250 words wanted.