Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of tis outweigh the disadvantages?

We all know that at the present time people who know foreign languages are in great request. For this reason, some experts think that foreign language should be introduced to children starting from primary school rather than secondary school. To my point of view, this idea is possible and it will help young generation in the future.

For the great majority of people, it is much more practical to begin learning foreign language as early as possible, because children can memorize information much more easily than teenagers and adults. Furthermore, one should note here that there is very flexible timetable in primary school which allows students to have more frequent lessons of foreign language. It is really good idea because children are encouraged to learn language through the play. They also can watch cartoons in English, Spanish or another foreign language. From the example mentioned above, one can surely say that or primary school children this way of teaching is more suitable than doing boring exercises.

The other side of the coin is, however, that the start time does not matter, because the success of learning does not depend on longevity of someone’s study, but it depends on hard work and patience. In addition to that, learning of foreign language may be difficult for some children, because not everyone is able to be taught from the early age.

In conclusion, I totally agree that children should start learning foreign language at primary school or even earlier. Besides, I would strongly advice all parents to think about this idea.