Essay topics: Some parents and teachers believe that children’s behaviour should be strictly controlled, while others think that children should be allowed to grow up in their own way. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
This is a fact that children are our future hope and they’ll make the future, so their upbringing is very important. Although some people believe children’s behavior should be controlled, others think they should grew up freely. I agree both views up to a point.
Actually people’s manner and the way they behave shape in their childhood so it’s very important to control children’s behavior but in a way they don’t feel it directly. Because if they feel you control every detail of what they do, they’ll miss the opportunity to do the wrong things and they won’t learn from their bad behaviors and their mistakes. Moreover, this control can become a habit for them that if somebody control them they behave correctly and whenever they aren’t controlled they behave in a bad way.
On the other hand, we can’t let children to grew up in their own way because they are still young and they can’t recognize what behavior is right or wrong. They need somebody who lead them and warn them about their behavior. Parents and teachers should be aware about the way they treat them because if children feel they are strictly under control they will loose their confidence in the future.
To sum up, both ideas need to be revised. Children need to be controlled but not strictly and in a way they feel they miss their freedom. They should have their parents and their teachers in their sides and learn how to behave in a good way.
- Despite improvements in vehicle technology, there are still large numbers of road accidents. Explain some of the causes of these accidents, and suggest some measures that could be taken to address the problem (73)
- Marriages are bigger and more expensive nowadays than in the past. Why is this the case? Is it a positive or negative development? (61)
- People visiting other countries should adapt to the customs and behaviors expected there. They should not expect the host country to welcome different customs and behaviors. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (61)
- Online shopping is increasing dramatically. How could this trend affect our environment and the kinds of jobs required? (78)
- Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm (67)
- Employers should pay young people the same salary as older colleagues doing the same job. To what extend do you agree or disagree? (67)
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of leaving your country to live or study abroad? (67)
- Water is a natural resource that should always be free. Governments should ban the sale of bottled water. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (73)
- Some people believe that competitive sports, both team and individual, have no place in the school curriculum. How far do you agree or disagree? (73)
- The money spent by governments on space programs would be better spent on vital public services such as schools and hospitals. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (73)