Some people argue that companies and private individuals, not governments, should pay the bill of pollution clean-up. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is clear that pollution is the responsibility of corporates and entrepreneurs to overcome this problem. Some business activities are conducted by them and they have to pay for the effect that they have made as a compensation. Although I accept that big responsibility of this problem must be taken by the business actor, governments as policy marker also have the essential role to solve this problem.

It is true that pollution is occurred because of activities that are done by business actor especially in industrial sector. For example: automotive, food and chemical industries. Majority, all of their activities could generate pollution. Like in automotive industries, they need raw material such as metal that is explored from nature, the production process and the production output (cars and motors) definitely gives big contribution in air pollution. From that reason, the corporates have to take some actions to pay the bill on it. They have to allocate some budgets to clean the environment from pollution.

In contrary, to overcome pollution problem, governments have important role on it. Government could not give all the responsibility to business actor. Surely, in the terms of business, there would be agreements and policies those are made by governments to control the business activity. In a simple way, governments ask for higher tax from the companies as a compensation due to their activity that has disadvantageous to environment. The higher tax could be used to manage pollution by government.

In conclusion, the pollution is not only the duty of entrepreneurs but also governments have the big role to tackle this problem.

the pollution is not only the duty of entrepreneurs but also governments have the big role to tackle this problem.
the pollution is not only the duty of entrepreneurs but also governments which have the big role to tackle this problem.