Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The term hobby generally means an activity people enjoy doing which is in relation to their interests. Hobbies can be something easy or challenging but some people believe that hobbies should have a high level of difficulty to be enjoyable. This essay examines aspects of easy and difficult hobbies alongside examples and my thoughts on to what extent I agree with this statement.

There are people in the world who enjoy undertaking challenging activities as their hobbies because they gain satisfaction from realising their personal limits and overcoming them. This characteristic can be found in people ranging from who enjoy hiking or long distance running which is physically challenging, to those who prefer mental tasks such as creating detailed works of art. Difficult hobbies could therefore be said to excite people when their goals are successfully achieved.

On the other side, there are those who purposely seek out easy hobbies that do not require technical skills or expertise. Hobbies that require large amounts of time and energy can be quite stressful to people who lead busy lives, leading to a desire for simplicity. Activities such as reading books or taking pictures are examples of easier hobbies people may choose to engage in.

The aforementioned arguments on easy and hard hobbies show that they do not need to be necessarily challenging in order for people to enjoy or appreciate it. Even though hobbies that require a certain level of difficulty can help people feel accomplished, easy hobbies also have a place for people who do not wish to feel pressured.

Sentence: This characteristic can be found in people ranging from who enjoy hiking or long distance running which is physically challenging, to those who prefer mental tasks such as creating detailed works of art.
Description: A preposition is not usually followed by a WH-pronoun, nominative
Suggestion: Refer to from and who

Sentence: There are people in the world who enjoy undertaking challenging activities as their hobbies because they gain satisfaction from realising their personal limits and overcoming them.
Error: realising Suggestion: realizing