Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Despite the effects of globalization all over the world, there are still excessive cultural differences among the nations. It is due to the reason I mentioned above whether tourists who visit to different countries have to follow local traditions or the countries should accept these cultural distinctions has triggered a spirited debate since years. There are strong arguments in favor of both sides and I will discuss them below.

To begin with, people must take some factors into account when they travel to other countries. Firstly, nobody can deny the fact that sometimes the things or actions which are normal for foreigners may be very immoral according local customs. For instance, drinking or dressing open clothes are not acceptable in Muslim countries. Doing these sorts of things may hurt local people. At the same time it is a real threat for tourists.

On the other hand, some consider that the host countries should welcome these kinds of cultural differences. First of all, local people must admit the fact that foreigners are different; they are bearers of other cultures and customs. Accepting this fact can help governments to increase tourism rates easily. For example, although the people of Turkey are very conservative, they welcome cultural differences. Therefore, tourists may dress what they want and etc. It is due to the reason that the number of visitors travel to Turkey is getting increase every year. However, despite big tourism potential the local people of Iran do not recognize these opportunities to tourist, that’s why, the country has very few tourist visits.

To take all these factors into account, I strongly believe that countries should welcome any kind of cultural diversities and at the same time foreign visitors have to respect local traditions as much as they can. I am convinced that under these conditions the nations will be more closer to each other, consequently the world will become more peaceful.