Some people regard video games as harmless fun, or even as a useful educational tool. Others, however, believe that video games are having an adverse effect on the people who play them. In your opinion, do the drawbacks of video games outweigh the benefit

Some people regard video games as harmless fun, or even as a useful educational tool. Others, however, believe that video games are having an adverse effect on the people who play them. In your opinion, do the drawbacks of video games outweigh the benefits?

It is true that it has been at a breakneck speed on how various video games had been widely used, and played by people, particularly the youth. However, even though these virtual games bring a tremendous entertainment, its negative impacts should be more reconsidered.

The fast-growing virtual world of games could affect the health of gamers negatively in different ways. Several challenging type of games might propel gamers into addiction. For example, as the player succeeds in every stage of a game, the more this person will become persistent and will try to achieve the highest-ideal goal. Consequently, once addicted, players will have sedentary-lifestyle. They would choose and prefer to stay inside their homes and play. They would restrict themselves from being involved in outdoor activities. They might even have lack of sleep and skip of meals. Thus,this affecting them perniciously.

In addition, although it can be argued that these games can promote a dramatic increase of mental and psychological functions, these might promote lack of interest towards studies. For an instance, instead of studying what has been discussed in school and accomplishing daily assignments, players would more likely choose to spend their time playing. Furthermore, since gamers usually utilize their cognitive function, a decline in linguistic activity might occur. Hence, making them withdraw from social-activities. This will also give them the less opportunity to technically learn and know their other capabilities and unique skills.

To end, involving oneself in virtually addictive games can be beneficial. But there are much more disadvantages these games can cause.