Some people say that because many people are living much longer the age which people retire from work should be raised considerably.To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Some people say that because many people are living much longer the age which people retire from work should be raised considerably.
To what extend do you agree or disagree?

There is little room for doubt that there have been unprecedented developments in medicine and improvements in the awareness of healthcare. This trend has lead to subsequent longer lifetimes of humans and many people suggest that retiring age should be increased due to that trend. This view should be viewed and analyzed from multiple perspectives.

While judging the standard age limit for retirement, one should not ignore some indisputable facts. First of all, human beings dedicate their most of the valuable lifetimes, which is in the neighborhood of 30 to 40 years, for their occupations or careers. Manifold physical and psychological problems and illnesses are observed or occurred in human body such as destruction of cells in mind and other organs due to stress and demanding job during human’s career period. Consequently, physical problems and illnesses like frequent tiredness, nervous behavior and loss of memory is undergone by majority of retired people. In the light of these facts, one will not be able to be confident on increasing retirement age albeit life expectancy has climbed.

It is also crucial to note that increasing retirement age limit has other negative implications. These side effects might be rooted in problems like youth unemployment. As governments start to raise retirement age, youth unemployment will be unmanageable issue following further problems such as crime and robbery. In addition to unemployed-connected problems, efficiency in workplace will be faded away by hiring retired people repeatedly since they are physically weaker than young employees.

As outlined above, despite increased life expectancy has climbed, retirement age limit cannot face proportional upsurge. This is due to the fact that human beings start to lose general abilities over time.

More words, higher marks.