You are hereSome people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate school. Others, however, believe that girls and boys benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both views and give your own opinion

Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate school. Others, however, believe that girls and boys benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both views and give your own opinion

Bincy's picture

By Bincy - Posted on 12 August 2013

Nowadays there are different kinds of schools like single sex schools and mixed schools in all over the world. In that some of them have prefered single sex schools, while others considered mixed schools. The selection of school mainly depends upon the parents or child's decision.

To begin with, some people think that single sex schools are more effective to teach boys and girls. These type of school atmosphere encourage the students to concentrate their studies more and avoid attention seeking behaviour also. In addition to this, single sex schools give more opportunities to select their favourite subjects without any problems. For example, most of the girls choose science subject for their higher studies. If they prefer to attend girls school, it can be easily affordable to the pupils who interested in specific subjects. In the same way, nowadays boys are very keen to study hotel management courses especially cookery classes.

On the other hand, some educationalists obviously argue that mixed school helps the pupils to become a good personality. From these institutions both boys and girls work together from childhood onwards and they are able to learn each other, to gain various types of talents and personal skills from their surroundings itself which helps the both gender to become more mature and independent in their future life. Furthermore, they know how to communicate with each otheralso.

To conclude, I personally think that there are many advantages to both single sex education and mixed schools. In order to fulfill the students good carrer, as far as i am concerned, we have to encourage single sex school. But in the present situation student can have equal partipation to study their interesting subjects from the schools, they joined. Moreover it is up to the decision of parents or children to prefer their school models.

Nowadays young people are less polite and respectful to others. Who do you think can influence them more, family or society, to change their attitude? Give examples from your own experience. marzieh
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status. Esen
Fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. Some people argue that fast food has negative effects on our lifestyle and diet. Do you agree or disagree. mrmo2610
An ambition is positive or negative? Discuss both views. Dera sticky icon
Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village. eddysuaib
superstar dennis1223
Sample IELTS speaking: preferences (reading) essayking
The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. rufik
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studiesDiscuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. carl
In some countries teenagers are allowed to work part time jobs. Some people say it is a good thing, but others disagree. Discuss both views. Give your own opinion and support it with examples. Rahi

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say - Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? marzieh IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. hamedpa IELTS
Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life.Which do you consider to be the major influence? Dilbar IELTS
Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish.Why do you think this is happening?What can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced. marzieh IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Fadlanmuzakki IELTS Writing Task II
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II

The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

Sentence: These type of school atmosphere encourage the students to concentrate their studies more and avoid attention seeking behaviour also.
Description: The fragment atmosphere encourage the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace encourage with verb, past tense

Sentence: If they prefer to attend girls school, it can be easily affordable to the pupils who interested in specific subjects.
Description: The word interested is not usually used as a verb, past tense
Suggestion: Refer to interested

Sentence: In that some of them have prefered single sex schools, while others considered mixed schools.
Error: prefered Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: In order to fulfill the students good carrer, as far as i am concerned, we have to encourage single sex school.
Error: carrer Suggestion: ?

Sentence: But in the present situation student can have equal partipation to study their interesting subjects from the schools, they joined.
Error: partipation Suggestion: ?