You are hereSome people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate school. Others, however, believe that girls and boys benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both views and give your own opinion

Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate school. Others, however, believe that girls and boys benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both views and give your own opinion

Bincy's picture

By Bincy - Posted on 12 August 2013

Nowadays there are different kinds of schools like single sex schools and mixed schools in all over the world. In that some of them have prefered single sex schools, while others considered mixed schools. The selection of school mainly depends upon the parents or child's decision.

To begin with, some people think that single sex schools are more effective to teach boys and girls. These type of school atmosphere encourage the students to concentrate their studies more and avoid attention seeking behaviour also. In addition to this, single sex schools give more opportunities to select their favourite subjects without any problems. For example, most of the girls choose science subject for their higher studies. If they prefer to attend girls school, it can be easily affordable to the pupils who interested in specific subjects. In the same way, nowadays boys are very keen to study hotel management courses especially cookery classes.

On the other hand, some educationalists obviously argue that mixed school helps the pupils to become a good personality. From these institutions both boys and girls work together from childhood onwards and they are able to learn each other, to gain various types of talents and personal skills from their surroundings itself which helps the both gender to become more mature and independent in their future life. Furthermore, they know how to communicate with each otheralso.

To conclude, I personally think that there are many advantages to both single sex education and mixed schools. In order to fulfill the students good carrer, as far as i am concerned, we have to encourage single sex school. But in the present situation student can have equal partipation to study their interesting subjects from the schools, they joined. Moreover it is up to the decision of parents or children to prefer their school models.

IELTS Speaking : new topics Bill
The graph below shows the number of complaints made about noise to Environmental Health authorities in the city of Newton between 1980 and 1996. Summerise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. zha
In many parts of the world, families were larger in the past because people had more children.Do you think there were more advantages or disadvantages to being part of a large family in the past? rahmiedriyanti
In many parts of the world there is continuous coverage of sport on television. Some people believe this discourages the young from taking part in any sport themselves.Discuss this view and give your own opinion. michele.gallia
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. eddysuaib
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Businesses should do anything they can to make a profit.Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. Jittip sticky icon
The diagram below shows how coffee is produced and prepared for sale in supermarkets and shops. mrmo2610 sticky icon
This graph illustrates the number of Chinese, Korean and Indian students who enrolled at Rice University over a five year period. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. fialka
Some people believe that children's leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time.Do you agree or disagree?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your experience. nader sticky icon
The best way to reduce the number of traffic accidents is to make all young drivers complete a safe driving education course before being licensed to drive. naresh dubaka

Governments should make more effort to promote alternative sources of energy.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? marzieh
Group and team activities are more important than the activities done alone, because they teach us important life skills. Do you agree or disagree Tessy James
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?Give reasons for your answer.Write at least 250 words.(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/) Jittip
The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport. Amandeep Singh
The exploration and development of safe alternatives to fossil of fuels should be the most important global priority today; to what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. hamedpa
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Global warming is one the most serious issues that the world is facing today.What are the causes of global warming and what measures can goverments and individuals take to tackle the issues? idhanp10
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu

The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon

Sentence: These type of school atmosphere encourage the students to concentrate their studies more and avoid attention seeking behaviour also.
Description: The fragment atmosphere encourage the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace encourage with verb, past tense

Sentence: If they prefer to attend girls school, it can be easily affordable to the pupils who interested in specific subjects.
Description: The word interested is not usually used as a verb, past tense
Suggestion: Refer to interested

Sentence: In that some of them have prefered single sex schools, while others considered mixed schools.
Error: prefered Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: In order to fulfill the students good carrer, as far as i am concerned, we have to encourage single sex school.
Error: carrer Suggestion: ?

Sentence: But in the present situation student can have equal partipation to study their interesting subjects from the schools, they joined.
Error: partipation Suggestion: ?