Some People think that modern invention have more problems as compared to their benefits Do you agree or disagree

Some People think that modern invention have more problems as compared to their benefits. Do you agree or disagree.?

Invention are always carried out to give comfort, facility and convenience to the people. However, many a times it is seen that invention create huge problems, as well, for the world, thereby raising a question whether they are really beneficial or not. Discounting a few exception and application, I think modern invention are indeed helpful to the others.

Those who say modern invention have more problems come up with the following asserts. First,they say that it is modern technology that gifted us nuclear bomb which was used to kill million of people in World War 2. They are factually right, but they are forgetting the original intention behind inventing nuclear energy. We all know that it was meant to generate electricity behind inventing fusion. Now, if we instead invent bombs for massacre, it is our mistake and the invention cannot be blamed for it.

Secondly, they add that today's invention are largely responsible for global warming and ozone layer depletion. They may have a point if we consider burning of fossil fuels in the process. Yet, modern day innovation actually do not play any direct role in harming the environment but it is our irresponsibility which is accountable for it.

Lastly, they argue that innovation like computers and internet have created a lot of problems for the youth today. Overuse of social networking sites, hacking, viruses, credit card scams are all a result of these. This is true but these facilities are meant to support human life and if some miscreant misuse them, we should try and control that rather than blaming the innovation.

Finally, I must say that misuse of innovation has created a myth that they have more problems than benefits. However, that does not imply that modern innovation are absolutely troublesome.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts