You are hereThe table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000.

The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000.

fialka's picture

By fialka - Posted on 05 September 2013

Given is the table providing a comparison of modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000. It is evident from the information provided that average distance travelled per person has increased from 4,740 to 6,475 miles during 16 years.

It can be observed that in England in both years the figures for cars ranked first with 3,199 and 4,806 miles respectively and were marginally ahead of local buses with practically 429 and 274 miles accordingly.

There was marked great difference in the amount of average distance travelled per person by taxi and long distance bus, precisely the indicators became approximately three times more: from 54 to 124, and from 13 to 42 miles respectively. It also revealed that travelled miles on foot and on bicycle slightly decreased, whereas the number of people who prefer train and other types of traffic has risen during the indicated period.

The major conclusion drawn from this information bar is that, most people in England preferred various modes of travel in different years.

Pronunciation & fluency evaluations. Choose a category to start:
Most recent Pronunciation & Fluency evaluations
Name Date Scores Full evaluations
newlife 1 day 9 hours ago 74.13 Do you have a computer? Yes, I do.
newlife 1 day 9 hours ago 66.69 Hi, good to see you again.
newlife 1 day 9 hours ago 67.54 May I have your name, please?
newlife 1 day 9 hours ago 66.48 She is very well, thank you.