Essay topics: The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000.
Given is the table providing a comparison of modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000. It is evident from the information provided that average distance travelled per person has increased from 4,740 to 6,475 miles during 16 years.
It can be observed that in England in both years the figures for cars ranked first with 3,199 and 4,806 miles respectively and were marginally ahead of local buses with practically 429 and 274 miles accordingly.
There was marked great difference in the amount of average distance travelled per person by taxi and long distance bus, precisely the indicators became approximately three times more: from 54 to 124, and from 13 to 42 miles respectively. It also revealed that travelled miles on foot and on bicycle slightly decreased, whereas the number of people who prefer train and other types of traffic has risen during the indicated period.
The major conclusion drawn from this information bar is that, most people in England preferred various modes of travel in different years.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|9 months 3 weeks ago||Michael56||60||Read full essay|
|11 months 2 weeks ago||ghbaroumand||60||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||roxanaluca||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||pawangill556||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||nisaaanurulutami||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||Dr Khan||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||Dr Khan||55||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||smrn||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 8 months ago||sieu1408||80||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||renofitriasari||40||Read full essay|
- The tables below show the students per lecturer and the number of students in various practice and lecture based subjects. Summarise the information in the following three tables and make comparisons where relevant (80)
- 1.Some believe that those who are not talented in language learning should not be required to learn a foreign language. Do you think school should require students to learn a foreign language? (63.3333)
- Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles.Other people feel that it is important to rest the mind during leisure time.•You should write at least 250 words.•You s (71.66670000000001)
- Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past.Do you agree or disagree? (68.5)
- The line graph below gives information about the number of visitors to three London museums between June and September 2013.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (90)
- Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past.Do you agree or disagree? (75)
- Some people think that women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and air force just like men.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (64)
- Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace everyday .Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages ? (70)
- Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic problems and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective? (80)
- The pie charts below show the units of electricity production of fuel by source in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000. (75)