Task2:For couples who prepare to have a child, the mother or the father should stop working to look after the child. What is your opinion?

Task2:
For couples who prepare to have a child, the mother or the father should stop working to look after the child. What is your opinion?

Much has been discussed about whether one of parents should stay at home to look after their child instead of working. Personally, I think it is not necessary to quit job for the purpose of looking after the child.

First of all, looking after the child should not affect parents’ career development. Whatever the mother or the father stops working for several years, the related career development will be definitely affected due to missing some good opportunities. For instance, one of my friends chose to stay at home to look after her two children. However, two years later, when she wants to return back to work, she could not match the position which she expects because the market requirements have changed lots. Further more, many families, especially in the developing countries, cannot match the demand of family expense if only one of the couples is working. It is harder for those families to have a good quality of life.

Secondly, modern living has brought us out of the natural way of living due to the appearance of professional nursery. Parents can still work without worrying about their children with the help of the professional nursery. Take my colleague as an example, she sent her baby to the professional nursery in the working days. Her baby is looked after and trained very well in the nursery, for instance, she can be provided very healthy meals every day by the nursery and can learn various skills such as piano, second language and drawing there. Last but not least, my colleague has been promoted to manager as her career plan at the same time.

To sum up, I do not think anyone of parents should quit work to look after the child.

No. of Words: 289 350 (need more words)
No. of Different Words: 163 200 (need more different words)