The three diagrams below show the development of, and plans for, the coastal zone of Brightsea. Summarise the information by choosing and reporting the key feature and make any relevant comparisons.

The pictures of Brightsea illustrate that development in that area grows fast from 1950 until now, and planned construction for the future. It can be seen from the diagrams that the development of this area always increases as the year passes by.

In 1950, the coastal area was underdeveloped where there were fisherman’s cottage, Lighthouse, Lighthouse Keeper’s house and a Jetty for fishing boats in front of the cottage. At that time there was still much unused land because it had not been developed, and only few buildings were constructed there.

Nowadays, it can be seen the Brightsea has changed significantly and more buildings are constructed. There is also road added in East part of this coastal zone. A Jetty is not operated anymore because a new Ferry Wharf is constructed to replace it. The fisherman’s cottage and the house are also replaced by Café and Hotel, and there is a Shop built in the edge of road.

There are future plans of Brightsea development for the next years, for example, the hotel building will be extended in the East side, there will be a Sailing Club beside the Hotel, and the Ferry Wharf which will be completed by Telecommunications Antenna and moved to the front side of the Hotel. There are also Apartments and Restaurant which will replace Café, and the Shop will be upgraded become Supermarket. But, the interesting view is the Lighthouse which still stands in that coastal area even though many constructions change around it.

Overall, it can be concluded that development of Brightsea increases quickly years y years, which can be seen from the development building and the future plans construction of this area.

No. of Words: 279 200 (write the essay in 20 minutes)