You are hereThe traditional life style of developing countries has been attracting an increasing number of tourists. as a side effect this has been preventng the people in developing countries to adopt mordern ways of living.Do you agree or disagree?Give example.

The traditional life style of developing countries has been attracting an increasing number of tourists. as a side effect this has been preventng the people in developing countries to adopt mordern ways of living.Do you agree or disagree?Give example.

blessykarthik's picture

By blessykarthik - Posted on 16 February 2013

Although culture and tradition plays an important role in inviting visitors from different parts of the world to developing countries, it is unrealistic to think that it deters the residents from establishing modernized life style, as it fetches several reasons such as- imitating tendency, influence of globalization and other indigenous developments.

To begin with, as marked interest in international tourism is a reality, many inquisitors develop emulating attitude so as to create a positive ambience for the visitors and also as a part of human tendency. To make it clear, it is epitome to illustrate Goa, an Indian state renowned for tourism, has adapted western culture to satisfy and to rise the inflow of foreigners.

Besides, in this era of globalization, cultural transformation is becoming a rampant phenomenon all across the developing nations. Moreover, tourism industries are being flourishing, which revive the revenue sources of the country aswell as generating huge employment opportunities and other progressions which improves the quality of life of the people, which would otherwise relegate back them from the rat race of present world.

Moreover, tourism enhances the infrastructural development of a country associated with tourism industry to increase the influx of travellers, which would rather benefits the local indigenous facilities and people to achieve a accomplished life style, resulting in cultural degradation and irrational culture mix up.

In short, as from the light of above stated factors, I disagree with the the view that tourism motivates people to retain their culture and tradition. In fact, it thrusts traditional communities into the modernized world, threatening their unique life style and cultural values which results in cultural erosion and extinction in the long run.

As a result of electronic inventions such as the computer and television, people do less physical activity, and this having a negative effect on their healthTo what extent do you agree or disagree? BeurejangnaDena
The figures below compare the number of Internet users in several European nations as well as the prevalence of online shopping in these countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. mrmo2610 sticky icon
The graph below shows the number of complaints made about noise to Environmental Health authorities in the city of Newton between 1980 and 1996. Summerise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. zha
Should money be spent on space exploration? pendinggirl
Some people feel that entertainers ( eg. Film stars , pop musicians or sports stars) are paid too much money.Do you agree or disagree?Which other types of job should be highly paid mishti
The diagrams below show the stages and equipment used in the cement-making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes. Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where releva maryam2900
ESL sample essay:The Salinity of Ocean Waters Daljeet
In some countries children have very strict rules of behavior, in other countries they are allowed to do almost anything they want. To what extent should children have to follow rules? anhhv92
Many people believe that educational standards have declined in recent times, particularly in the areas of literacy and numeracy. Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it. cncmatthew
The chart below shows information about the problems people have when they go to other countries.Summerise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevans. BeurejangnaDena

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say - Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. Some people argue that fast food has negative effects on our lifestyle and diet. Do you agree or disagree. mrmo2610 IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
IELTS essay:Damage to environment is an inevitable consequence of the improvement in the standard of living. To what degree do you agree or disagree to this position? essayking sticky icon IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Fadlanmuzakki IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

Sentence: Moreover, tourism enhances the infrastructural development of a country associated with tourism industry to increase the influx of travellers, which would rather benefits the local indigenous facilities and people to achieve a accomplished life style, resulting in cultural degradation and irrational culture mix up.
Description: The fragment would rather benefits is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace benefits with benefit

Avg. Sentence Length: 34.625 21.0 (Sentences are too long) Like following two sentences:

Moreover, tourism industries are being flourishing, which revive the revenue sources of the country aswell as generating huge employment opportunities and other progressions which improves the quality of life of the people, which would otherwise relegate back them from the rat race of present world.