You are hereThe traditional life style of developing countries has been attracting an increasing number of tourists. as a side effect this has been preventng the people in developing countries to adopt mordern ways of living.Do you agree or disagree?Give example.

The traditional life style of developing countries has been attracting an increasing number of tourists. as a side effect this has been preventng the people in developing countries to adopt mordern ways of living.Do you agree or disagree?Give example.

blessykarthik's picture

By blessykarthik - Posted on 16 February 2013

Although culture and tradition plays an important role in inviting visitors from different parts of the world to developing countries, it is unrealistic to think that it deters the residents from establishing modernized life style, as it fetches several reasons such as- imitating tendency, influence of globalization and other indigenous developments.

To begin with, as marked interest in international tourism is a reality, many inquisitors develop emulating attitude so as to create a positive ambience for the visitors and also as a part of human tendency. To make it clear, it is epitome to illustrate Goa, an Indian state renowned for tourism, has adapted western culture to satisfy and to rise the inflow of foreigners.

Besides, in this era of globalization, cultural transformation is becoming a rampant phenomenon all across the developing nations. Moreover, tourism industries are being flourishing, which revive the revenue sources of the country aswell as generating huge employment opportunities and other progressions which improves the quality of life of the people, which would otherwise relegate back them from the rat race of present world.

Moreover, tourism enhances the infrastructural development of a country associated with tourism industry to increase the influx of travellers, which would rather benefits the local indigenous facilities and people to achieve a accomplished life style, resulting in cultural degradation and irrational culture mix up.

In short, as from the light of above stated factors, I disagree with the the view that tourism motivates people to retain their culture and tradition. In fact, it thrusts traditional communities into the modernized world, threatening their unique life style and cultural values which results in cultural erosion and extinction in the long run.