You are hereThe traditional life style of developing countries has been attracting an increasing number of tourists. as a side effect this has been preventng the people in developing countries to adopt mordern ways of living.Do you agree or disagree?Give example.

The traditional life style of developing countries has been attracting an increasing number of tourists. as a side effect this has been preventng the people in developing countries to adopt mordern ways of living.Do you agree or disagree?Give example.

blessykarthik's picture

By blessykarthik - Posted on 16 February 2013

Although culture and tradition plays an important role in inviting visitors from different parts of the world to developing countries, it is unrealistic to think that it deters the residents from establishing modernized life style, as it fetches several reasons such as- imitating tendency, influence of globalization and other indigenous developments.

To begin with, as marked interest in international tourism is a reality, many inquisitors develop emulating attitude so as to create a positive ambience for the visitors and also as a part of human tendency. To make it clear, it is epitome to illustrate Goa, an Indian state renowned for tourism, has adapted western culture to satisfy and to rise the inflow of foreigners.

Besides, in this era of globalization, cultural transformation is becoming a rampant phenomenon all across the developing nations. Moreover, tourism industries are being flourishing, which revive the revenue sources of the country aswell as generating huge employment opportunities and other progressions which improves the quality of life of the people, which would otherwise relegate back them from the rat race of present world.

Moreover, tourism enhances the infrastructural development of a country associated with tourism industry to increase the influx of travellers, which would rather benefits the local indigenous facilities and people to achieve a accomplished life style, resulting in cultural degradation and irrational culture mix up.

In short, as from the light of above stated factors, I disagree with the the view that tourism motivates people to retain their culture and tradition. In fact, it thrusts traditional communities into the modernized world, threatening their unique life style and cultural values which results in cultural erosion and extinction in the long run.

There are many a way to success, the best known of a way success, only two ways, the first way looking for about job after school, the second way studying in university. Ahmad Abdulwarith
IELTS essay:Will the popularity of English and tourism harm the minorities and minor languages? essayking
Population explosion became a very worrying concern and the most serious threat to life on earth. Give some suggestions to address this problem. sallamdas
As populations grow and cities become more crowded, there is pressure throughout the world to construct ever-taller building to provide accommodation and offices. Many people object to such developments, citing the social as well as the physical dangers.D Madhuka sticky icon
Does television have a beneficial or a harmful influence on children!? falks405
Scientists and the news media are presenting ever more evidence of climate change. Governments cannot be expected to solve this problem. It is the responsibility of individuals to change their lifestyle to prevent further damage.What are your views? helia123
In some countries children have very strict rules of behavior, in other countries they are allowed to do almost anything they want. To what extent should children have to follow rules? sfaht1
Only formal examinations, can give a clear picture of student’s true knowledge and ability at university level. Continuous assessment like course work and projects are poor measures of student ability.How far do you agree with this latter statement? pendinggirl
Some say that people living in high-rise apartments are lonely and unhappy, while others say that it’s advantageous to stay in high-rise apartments. Discuss advantages and disadvantages. Give your opinion Peter Kingston sticky icon
You had purchased a toy online and upon delivery found that there was a problem with it. Write a letter to the manager of the toy company.- Describe a toy that you bought.- Describe why you think the toy is faulty.- What do you want the company to do abou marzieh

The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Private companies that support and carry out scientific researches are spending more than governments in these days. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages. Explain and give reasons. Tessy James sticky icon
Some Experts Believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at Primary School rather than Secondary School septi
People as my idols that really guide me to get better life hasna zeal
The bar chart below gives information the percentage of the population living in urban areas in different parts of the world. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Kal-El
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
The given pie chart below shows the adult numeracy competencies in 24 different countries. -Syerapke- (rewrite) eddysuaib
The diagram below shows how rainwater is reused. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. Dilbar sticky icon
The graph below shows the percentage change in the nubmer of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006.-alam-(re-write) eddysuaib

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
The graph and bar chart below show the average monthly rainfall and temperature for one region of East Africa. Rafael
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status carmela6

Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon

Sentence: Moreover, tourism enhances the infrastructural development of a country associated with tourism industry to increase the influx of travellers, which would rather benefits the local indigenous facilities and people to achieve a accomplished life style, resulting in cultural degradation and irrational culture mix up.
Description: The fragment would rather benefits is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace benefits with benefit

Avg. Sentence Length: 34.625 21.0 (Sentences are too long) Like following two sentences:

Moreover, tourism industries are being flourishing, which revive the revenue sources of the country aswell as generating huge employment opportunities and other progressions which improves the quality of life of the people, which would otherwise relegate back them from the rat race of present world.