You are hereThe traditional life style of developing countries has been attracting an increasing number of tourists. as a side effect this has been preventng the people in developing countries to adopt mordern ways of living.Do you agree or disagree?Give example.

The traditional life style of developing countries has been attracting an increasing number of tourists. as a side effect this has been preventng the people in developing countries to adopt mordern ways of living.Do you agree or disagree?Give example.

blessykarthik's picture

By blessykarthik - Posted on 16 February 2013

Although culture and tradition plays an important role in inviting visitors from different parts of the world to developing countries, it is unrealistic to think that it deters the residents from establishing modernized life style, as it fetches several reasons such as- imitating tendency, influence of globalization and other indigenous developments.

To begin with, as marked interest in international tourism is a reality, many inquisitors develop emulating attitude so as to create a positive ambience for the visitors and also as a part of human tendency. To make it clear, it is epitome to illustrate Goa, an Indian state renowned for tourism, has adapted western culture to satisfy and to rise the inflow of foreigners.

Besides, in this era of globalization, cultural transformation is becoming a rampant phenomenon all across the developing nations. Moreover, tourism industries are being flourishing, which revive the revenue sources of the country aswell as generating huge employment opportunities and other progressions which improves the quality of life of the people, which would otherwise relegate back them from the rat race of present world.

Moreover, tourism enhances the infrastructural development of a country associated with tourism industry to increase the influx of travellers, which would rather benefits the local indigenous facilities and people to achieve a accomplished life style, resulting in cultural degradation and irrational culture mix up.

In short, as from the light of above stated factors, I disagree with the the view that tourism motivates people to retain their culture and tradition. In fact, it thrusts traditional communities into the modernized world, threatening their unique life style and cultural values which results in cultural erosion and extinction in the long run.

aman india

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

You had a good meal in a local restaurant with your family. Write a letter to the newspaper to tell them about it, describe the meal you had, and why you think the restaurant is worth visiting. Yamin Anggriyaman
It is important to ensure that children with a wide range of abilities from a variety of social backgrounds mix each other at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree? indah_hai
Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students. Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students.Discuss these views. Which view do you agree with? Explain why Challenger
There are two views regarding to the punishment for each type of crime, the first is there should be a fixed punishment for each type of crime while the other one argue that the punishment should considered the circumstance of an individual crime and the anastasia.maria...
Task 1 Madhuka
The proportion of the population aged 65 and over in different countries between 1940 and 2040 muftia anwar
The table and the bar chart below give information about traveling to work in HoustonTexas.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Andi Alamsyah
In the past, most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else. Nowadays, most people live in large cities where they only know a few people in their area.What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small com fikri
Everyone complains about taxes, yet think about what would happen if there were no longer an income tax. In a 250-word essay, discuss the positive effects of an income tax, the negative effects, or both. Keerakiat sticky icon
The diagrams below show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among these involved in the prosess.Summarise the information by choosing and reporting the key features, and make any relevant comparisons. Sari Ramadhani Putri

Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for th falks405
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer. mikrarlagowa
Creative artists should always be given freedom to express their own ideas (in words, picture, music, film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement? D O N
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Is talent show a good method of finding talented people or just an entertainment? (rewrite) eddysuaib
Economic growth helps to improve the standard of living. However, some researches show that people in developing countries are happy with this trend, whilest people in developed countries are not happy about it. Explain why do you think about it? Tessy James
Some people choose to eat no meat or fish. They believe that this is not only better for their own health but also benefits the world as a whole. Discuss this view and give your own opinion. ligitukas

People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Children's education is expensive. In some countries, the government pays some of or all of the costs. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think? What solutions can you suggest? Justin
You are going to help your friend's child to teach lessons. Write a letter to a teacher you know and borrow some books.1. Explain about the child in details.2. When and where to teach3. Mention about the books you want to borrow. swapnay
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter asking you colleague for assistance with your presentation. Please say- What is the presentation about?- What help do you need with it?- Explain why it is beneficial for everyone. Rahi
In many countries it is easy to apply and to get a credit card. However credit card causes manyu problem is hard to pay back. Do you think the advantages overweigh its disadvantages? supreetkaur

Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantage of giving aid to poor countries. skeet sticky icon
Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon

Sentence: Moreover, tourism enhances the infrastructural development of a country associated with tourism industry to increase the influx of travellers, which would rather benefits the local indigenous facilities and people to achieve a accomplished life style, resulting in cultural degradation and irrational culture mix up.
Description: The fragment would rather benefits is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace benefits with benefit

Avg. Sentence Length: 34.625 21.0 (Sentences are too long) Like following two sentences:

Moreover, tourism industries are being flourishing, which revive the revenue sources of the country aswell as generating huge employment opportunities and other progressions which improves the quality of life of the people, which would otherwise relegate back them from the rat race of present world.