Essay topics: The two charts below show changes in world population by region between 1900 and 2000.
These two charts show development of population in world between 1900 and 2000. It can be seen that the number of people in this earth always change year by year. Based on data, world population increased dramatically from 1.600 million in 1900 to 6 billion in 2000.
In 1900, total world population reached 1.600 million and the largest society was won by Asia with percentage 60 percent. Then, 25 percent was reached by Europe as the second rank of total population in the world. Both of these countries showed that they had a lot of people in their region. Low proportion were achieved by North America, Africa, Latin America, and other with rate less than 6 percent for each.
In 2000, population increased in all nations, expect Asia and Europe, but they were remained in the first and second position on earth. The total of citizen in Asia declined 6 percent from 60 percent to 54 percent. Declining percentage significantly was showed by Europe that became 14 percent from world population. North America, Africa, and Latin America grown twice from condition in 1990 years. Pie chart gave other statistic data that new region, Middle East and North Africa, appeared as one of countries which had many population by 6 percent from total of the number of society in the world that reached 6 billion.
To sum up, the charts obviously illustrate that growth of population always changed time by time and it grew sharply although some regions sometimes showed no change or even dropped.
- Television is dangerous because it destroys family life and any sense of community; Instead of visiting people or taking with our family we just watch television. (50)
- The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (75)
- Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm (63)
- The chart below shows the process of waste paper recycling. (76.66670000000001)
- The development of outlying island. (75)
- In many countries schools have severe problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? (65.71429999999999)
- The position of women in society has changed markedly in the last twenty years. Many of the problems young people now experience, such as juvenile delinquency, arise from the fact that many married women now work and are not at home to care for their chil (71.8182)
- In order to learn language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the cultures and lifestyles of the people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree. (70)
- People believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earn and should not pay tax to the state. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (72.5)
- When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. (81.8519)