You are hereThe two charts below show changes in world population by region between 1900 and 2000.

The two charts below show changes in world population by region between 1900 and 2000.

Mita Puspasari's picture

By Mita Puspasari - Posted on 10 November 2013

These two charts show development of population in world between 1900 and 2000. It can be seen that the number of people in this earth always change year by year. Based on data, world population increased dramatically from 1.600 million in 1900 to 6 billion in 2000.

In 1900, total world population reached 1.600 million and the largest society was won by Asia with percentage 60 percent. Then, 25 percent was reached by Europe as the second rank of total population in the world. Both of these countries showed that they had a lot of people in their region. Low proportion were achieved by North America, Africa, Latin America, and other with rate less than 6 percent for each.

In 2000, population increased in all nations, expect Asia and Europe, but they were remained in the first and second position on earth. The total of citizen in Asia declined 6 percent from 60 percent to 54 percent. Declining percentage significantly was showed by Europe that became 14 percent from world population. North America, Africa, and Latin America grown twice from condition in 1990 years. Pie chart gave other statistic data that new region, Middle East and North Africa, appeared as one of countries which had many population by 6 percent from total of the number of society in the world that reached 6 billion.

To sum up, the charts obviously illustrate that growth of population always changed time by time and it grew sharply although some regions sometimes showed no change or even dropped.

Pronunciation & fluency evaluations. Choose a category to start:
Most recent Pronunciation & Fluency evaluations
Name Date Scores Full evaluations
daneiz 10 hours 24 min ago 71.34 How do you do, it is my pleasure to meet you.
daneiz 10 hours 25 min ago 71.63 Good evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Welcome to my birthday party. Hope you have a good time.
newlife 2 days 6 hours ago 74.13 Do you have a computer? Yes, I do.
newlife 2 days 6 hours ago 66.69 Hi, good to see you again.
newlife 2 days 6 hours ago 67.54 May I have your name, please?
newlife 2 days 6 hours ago 66.48 She is very well, thank you.