Essay topics: To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
Scientists often use animals as experiment media in their scientific research. I believe, although research ethic codes state the use of human is unexcused, use of animal is still unreasonable and unacceptable based on animals’ right.
In pharmacy industry, it is common to use animals as experiment media. Scientists have to ensure that new drug which they discovered is safe to consume for people. Animals are regarded as perfect experiment object because they have similar reaction as human. Another reason of using animals as research object is also based on research ethic code that prohibits scientists to use human for experiment.
Although there are many reasons to use animal as research object, I disagree for two reasons. First,genetically, primates are ideal animals that could be used for testing new drug, but rare population of primates causes scientists to use alternative animals in their research such as mice,rabbits and so on. Actually, mice and rabbits have different genetic structure which can cause bias in experiment result. This bias causes invalidity safety of tested new drug for human.
Second, using animal as experiment object also hurts animal’s physically most of them must be injected more than ten times a day. Moreover, sometimes drug reaction causes them to suffer and die slowly. According to animal lovers’ association report, more than 100 mice sacrificed to discover one drug, some of them have genetic mutation and the others die tragically.
In conclusion, in some cases, using animals in scientific research gives benefit in science development, but occasionally, in fact, using animals is unnecessary process and can cause them hurt. Government should create regulation about using animal in experiment, for protecting animals from infraction of animals’ right.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 5 days ago||ahfish||73||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||yeslambek||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 months ago||pratik_dkr1||60||Read full essay|
|2 years 11 months ago||Eva Fauzi||63.3333||Read full essay|
|3 years 1 week ago||wirasudewa||76.92310000000001||Read full essay|
|3 years 1 week ago||fikri||50||Read full essay|
- The three diagrams bellow show the development of, and plant for, the coastal zone of Brightsea (53.3333)
- The diagrams bellow show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process (55)
- Reading is more important for developing imagination and language skill than television. Do you agree or disagree? (74.28570000000001)
- 'Telecommuting' refers to workers doing their job from home for part of each week and communicating with their office using computer technology.telecommuting is growing in many countries and is expended to be common for most office workers in the coming d (65)
- To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable? (86.5517)