You are herewriting task 1 frm cambridge 9

writing task 1 frm cambridge 9

drsaminayasmin's picture

By drsaminayasmin - Posted on 20 May 2013

writing task 1 frm cambridge 9

The bar chart illustrates comparison of three categories of phone calls in minutes in seven year period starting from 1995 to 2002 in UK. It is very obvious from chart that mobile calls got drastic popularity in given seven years.

Although local fixed calls showed same number of minutes used in 2002 as 1995 but this trend was inclined step by step till 1999 when total minutes used were 90 billion. After that local calls were declined to starting point of 70 billion minutes in 2002.

On the other hand there was a similar trend noted in international calls and mobile calls. National and international calls use almost doubled in this period started from 30 billion minutes to 70 billion minutes. While a significant rise was observed for cell phone use. In 1995 its use was around 4 billion minute and rose to 12 billion till 1999. Then there was more rapid rise in its use reaching to 45 billion by 2002 and made a net rise of 9 times in general.