You are herewriting task 1 frm cambridge 9

writing task 1 frm cambridge 9

drsaminayasmin's picture

By drsaminayasmin - Posted on 20 May 2013

writing task 1 frm cambridge 9

The bar chart illustrates comparison of three categories of phone calls in minutes in seven year period starting from 1995 to 2002 in UK. It is very obvious from chart that mobile calls got drastic popularity in given seven years.

Although local fixed calls showed same number of minutes used in 2002 as 1995 but this trend was inclined step by step till 1999 when total minutes used were 90 billion. After that local calls were declined to starting point of 70 billion minutes in 2002.

On the other hand there was a similar trend noted in international calls and mobile calls. National and international calls use almost doubled in this period started from 30 billion minutes to 70 billion minutes. While a significant rise was observed for cell phone use. In 1995 its use was around 4 billion minute and rose to 12 billion till 1999. Then there was more rapid rise in its use reaching to 45 billion by 2002 and made a net rise of 9 times in general.

anis Bangladesh

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

kanna United Sta

harry india

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

The table below shows CO2 emissions for different forms of transport in the European Union. The Pie Chart shows the percentage of European Union funds being spent on different forms of transport.You should write at least 150 words liantriying
The map below is of the town of Garlsdown. A new supermarket (S) is planned for the town. The map shows two possible sites for the supermarket.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. rahmiedriyanti
The Internet is probably the most significant invention of the last 30 years. Without it, our lives would be completely different.To what extent do you agree or disagree?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledg BeurejangnaDena
Some people believe that the charity organizations should give aid to those in greatest need,wherever they live. Some people believe that the charity organizations would better concentrate on helping people who live in own country instead. Discuss both v maryhank
Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? sfaht1 sticky icon
A hundred years ago, people thought that the human race was steadily improving in every area of life. Now, it seems this is not certain in that situation.In which areas do you think we have made important progress nowadays?In which areas do you think we s rizqifahma
Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior .Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Dilbar
You are a gift shopkeeper. Write a letter to your supplier, to let him know that you won't need the merchandise you have ordered. Explain your situation and suggest a solution. marzieh
Are our zoos cruel to wild animal? Discuss. Dea Martha
The migration of people to cities is one of the biggest problems facing the world’s cities today. Discuss the main causes. What solutions could be used to tackle the situation? aisha.oab

Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children.Do you agree or disagree? marzieh

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports faculties. Others, However say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. kya
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1997 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where luckysun

The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon

better to have 4 paragraphs:

para 1: introduction
para 2: body 1
para 3: body 2
para 4: conclusion

sample:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/graph-below-gives-information-about-...