Essay topics: writing task 1 frm cambridge 9
The bar chart illustrates comparison of three categories of phone calls in minutes in seven year period starting from 1995 to 2002 in UK. It is very obvious from chart that mobile calls got drastic popularity in given seven years.
Although local fixed calls showed same number of minutes used in 2002 as 1995 but this trend was inclined step by step till 1999 when total minutes used were 90 billion. After that local calls were declined to starting point of 70 billion minutes in 2002.
On the other hand there was a similar trend noted in international calls and mobile calls. National and international calls use almost doubled in this period started from 30 billion minutes to 70 billion minutes. While a significant rise was observed for cell phone use. In 1995 its use was around 4 billion minute and rose to 12 billion till 1999. Then there was more rapid rise in its use reaching to 45 billion by 2002 and made a net rise of 9 times in general.
- Successful sports professional can earn a great deal more money than people in other importantprofessions. some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both and give your own opinion. (70)
- task 1 cambridge 9 paper 3 (70)
- Writing Task 2You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles. Other people feel that it (75)
- People in all modern societies use drugs, but today's youth are experimenting with both legal and illegal drugs, and at an increasingly early age. Some sociologists claim that parents and other members of society often set a bad example.Discuss the causes (65)
- In many countries today, people in cities either live alone or in small family units, rather than in large, extended family groups. Is this a positive or negative trend? (82.5)
- immigration pros and cons (81.66670000000001)
- writing task 1 from test 4, cambridge 7 (70)
- As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. (65)
- Some people think that travel helps gaining knowledge, but others think that TV and internet play an important role in gaining knowledge. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (53.3333)
- Many people choose to learn practical subjects therefore theoretical subjects will be no longer be taught in universities. Do you agree or disagree?. (86)