You are herewriting task 1 frm cambridge 9

writing task 1 frm cambridge 9

drsaminayasmin's picture

By drsaminayasmin - Posted on 20 May 2013

writing task 1 frm cambridge 9

The bar chart illustrates comparison of three categories of phone calls in minutes in seven year period starting from 1995 to 2002 in UK. It is very obvious from chart that mobile calls got drastic popularity in given seven years.

Although local fixed calls showed same number of minutes used in 2002 as 1995 but this trend was inclined step by step till 1999 when total minutes used were 90 billion. After that local calls were declined to starting point of 70 billion minutes in 2002.

On the other hand there was a similar trend noted in international calls and mobile calls. National and international calls use almost doubled in this period started from 30 billion minutes to 70 billion minutes. While a significant rise was observed for cell phone use. In 1995 its use was around 4 billion minute and rose to 12 billion till 1999. Then there was more rapid rise in its use reaching to 45 billion by 2002 and made a net rise of 9 times in general.

Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what ways has technology affected the types of relationship people make. Does it have a positive or negative impact? sfaht1
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is o help graduates to find better jobs, while some people believe that university education has wider benefits for individual and society. Discuss both views and give your opinion wawanwakawangze
Politics is always linked with corruption.But for whom this corruption is executed. If analyzed properly politicians do this for the corporate and corporate works for the employees and employers are part of the population. so, it is not corruption but s tenzin dawa
The graphs below show the type of music albums purchased by people in Britain according to sex and agehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/100425826@N04/9655716373/ anhhv92 sticky icon
WRITING TASK 1You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. The charts below give information on UK spending habits for books bought over the internet. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where re lynmelissa
Some people say that mobile phone plays a major role in their professional life. Others say it plays more important role in their personal life. Discuss both sides. What is your opinion? tatush
Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.www.ie Umb221
Technology has facilitated our lives so much and given us a lot of freedom. Some people believe that this freedom has caused more problem for us. What is your view? Tessy James sticky icon
A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination. Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Yamin Anggriyaman
These days many countries are facing different problems,so it is better that each country concentrates on solving its own problems, instead of co-operating with other countries.Do you agree or disagree? blessykarthik

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say - Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. Some people argue that fast food has negative effects on our lifestyle and diet. Do you agree or disagree. mrmo2610 IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
IELTS essay:Damage to environment is an inevitable consequence of the improvement in the standard of living. To what degree do you agree or disagree to this position? essayking sticky icon IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Fadlanmuzakki IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

better to have 4 paragraphs:

para 1: introduction
para 2: body 1
para 3: body 2
para 4: conclusion

sample:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/graph-below-gives-information-about-...