You are herewriting task 1 frm cambridge 9

writing task 1 frm cambridge 9

drsaminayasmin's picture

By drsaminayasmin - Posted on 20 May 2013

writing task 1 frm cambridge 9

The bar chart illustrates comparison of three categories of phone calls in minutes in seven year period starting from 1995 to 2002 in UK. It is very obvious from chart that mobile calls got drastic popularity in given seven years.

Although local fixed calls showed same number of minutes used in 2002 as 1995 but this trend was inclined step by step till 1999 when total minutes used were 90 billion. After that local calls were declined to starting point of 70 billion minutes in 2002.

On the other hand there was a similar trend noted in international calls and mobile calls. National and international calls use almost doubled in this period started from 30 billion minutes to 70 billion minutes. While a significant rise was observed for cell phone use. In 1995 its use was around 4 billion minute and rose to 12 billion till 1999. Then there was more rapid rise in its use reaching to 45 billion by 2002 and made a net rise of 9 times in general.

apastyRag Ethiopia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Many people these days travel far for work or spend more hours working. Does this trend have more advantages or disadvantages? What do you think about work-life balance? marzieh
A large proportion of people travel around the world then before, what are the reasons? Amanpreet
The chart below shows the number of girls per 100 boys enrolled in different levels of school education.Write a short report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. Tessy James
Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable.To what extent do you agree or disagree? cieljessy
My IELTS experience (band 8.5 overall) cnielts
The graph below show the number of library books read by boys and girls at Starmouth School from 2006 to the presentSummarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. fikri
Some prople prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however think that change is always a good thing.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Priyap
Admittedly some people sure, punishments have to fixed for every tipe of crime. Yet still in it, others argue crime episode personally and motively to do depend on purpose of the punishment.discuss about both of this argumentation and then giving your opi Sekar Hanafi
Nowadays it is noticed that cultural mixing is reflected within local cultural practices. Do you think it is good for the society? grt2bagal sticky icon
[Work] It is said that work is the most important thing of people's lives. Without the success of career, life will be meaningless. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? jason1911

Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
You are an international student and have borrowed a book from the local public library.You left the book on a bus and when you contacted the bus company, they could not find it.Write a letter to the librarian explaining the situation and asking what you eddysuaib sticky icon
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?Give reasons for your answer.Write at least 250 words.(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/) Jittip
The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source in Australiaand France in 1980 and 2000. (Part 1) eddysuaib sticky icon
You have recently heard that a friend of yours has had some problems as a result of some unusual weather. Write a letter to your friend.In your letterexpress concern (i.e. say you are sorry to hear what has happened)tell them about a similar experience th eddysuaib sticky icon
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You are looking for a part-time job.Write a letter to an employment agency. In your letterintroduce yourselfexplain what sort of job you would likeand say what experience and skills you haveWrite at least 150 eddysuaib
Male and female fitness membership -Syerapke- (overwrite) eddysuaib
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination.Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, eddysuaib sticky icon

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu

The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon

better to have 4 paragraphs:

para 1: introduction
para 2: body 1
para 3: body 2
para 4: conclusion

sample:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/graph-below-gives-information-about-...