You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport. Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:• explain where you live• describe the problem• give reasons why you do no

You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport. Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:

• explain where you live
• describe the problem
• give reasons why you do not want this development.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing with regard to the article in your newspaper dated 7th September. My house is situated within 20 minutes walk of the airport. Please allow me to point out the problems which have caused serious damage on the residential area. I am fully sure that the problems must be aggravated if the plan is carried out to expand the airport and Increase the number of flights.

First of all, the low-flying aeroplanes are utterly distractive. They make such a big noise that I cannot concentrate on housework at all. What is worse, I am woken up by the late hour flig...