You have heard about plans to build new apartments in a public park near your home. You want to give your opinion about this.Write a latter to the editor of your local newspaper. In your letter:- explain how you learnt about these plans;- say what you thi

You have heard about plans to build new apartments in a public park near your home. You want to give your opinion about this.

Write a latter to the editor of your local newspaper. In your letter:
- explain how you learnt about these plans;
- say what you think of the park;
- give your opinion on the plans.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a reader of yours since 2001. I am writing to you to complain about the plans that Building Co. is developing on the area between Revolutionary Road and Waterloo Station, currently occupied by Green Park.

Living exactly in front of the Station, I have heard “rumors” that the aforementioned Company is planning to purchase the Park area in order to transform it in a new residential core. My suspects were confirmed after I wrote to our City Council about it and I received as answer that “the Park is no longer used by the citizens. Therefore the Councelors are actually thinking about a change of destination on the area”.

I totally disagree with our Council statement. To point out that the Park is still beloved by the people of my district, I am collecting visibility through both local press and public meetings in the Park. It is my firm conviction that Green Park have to keep its current destination, not only because it is the only Park in the district but also because on weekends it is attended by plenty of family with children. Furthermore, the construction of new apartments in the area would lead to an intensification of local traffic. Despite the presence of the train Station, hundreds of cars are already parked in a very limited area. An increase of the residents number would exasperate the parking problem, a problem the inhabitants of the area have been facing in the last ten years without finding a positive solution.

I hope to meet your interest in joining our purpose: Green Park must not be touched!

Yours faithfully

Make sure you can write this essay in 20 minutes.