Essay topics: The bar chart below shows the percentage of unemployed graduates, aged 20-24, in one European country over a two year period.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and making comparisons where relevant.
The bar chart illustrates the rate of unemployed graduates at the age of 20-24 in term of gender, in a European nation between two years 2008 and 2009. The general overview here is that women were always exceeded by men in the percentage of unemployment.
To specify, after a drop from 10% in January 2008 to 8% in July 2008, the proportion of unemployed male graduates climbed sharply to 16% in October 2008, before a stable trend in the two months January 2009 and April 2009. Then, the rate went down to 11% in July 2009, followed by a rocket to 22% in the next month.
Similarly, the female group witnessed a decline from 8% in January 2008 to 6% in July 2008 in the percentage of unemployed graduates, which increased significantly to 11% in October 2008. The figure took a dip to 6% in April 2009, before a considerable rise to 11% in October 2009. Interestingly, only in July 2009, was the figure of women nearly equivalent to the figure of men.
In conclusion, the percentage of unemployed students after graduation tended to follow an upward trend in recent months.
- The diagram shows the process of making recycled paper from old newspaper. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and makes comparison where relevant. (63.3333)
- In some countries, young people have little leisure time and are under a lot of pressure to work hard on their studies. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? (90)
- The following maps show the changes that have taken placed in the centre of a town since 1700. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant. (82.5)
- It is becoming more and more difficult to escape the influence of the media on our lives. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a media-rich society. (86.66670000000001)
- The table below gives the information about rail transport in four countries in 2007. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. (64)
- Recent figures show an increase in violent crime among youngsters under the age of 18. Some psychologist claims that the basic reason for this is that children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need from parents and teacher (75)
- The diagram below shows two different processes for manufacturing black tea. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature. and make comparison where relevant. (63.3333)
- In today's competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents to go out for work. While some say the children in these families benefits from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents's absence. (63.3333)
- The chart below give the information about global population percentages and distribution of global wealth by region. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature and makes comparison where relevant. (80)
- Some people regard work as the most important thing in life and have little interest in anything else, other are more enthusiastic about their hobbies and leisure interests than their jobs.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (43.3333)