The chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods in Britain. The graph shows the trends in consumption of fast foods.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

The chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods in Britain. The graph shows the trends in consumption of fast foods.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

The bar chart compares and contrast data on the differences in the amount of cash purchased on fast food in Britain while the line graph highlights information on the changes in the levels of pizza, fish and chips and hamburgers consumption between 1970 and 1990.

A closer look to the bar chart shows the fact that hamburgers is the most common food for high income and average income group of people, however it is a different story with low income segment where they take fish and chips more than the two others. To put that into detail, more than 40 pence spent by a person with high earning on hamburgers in a week and as for fish and chips and pizza, this group of income spends just under 20. In comparison, the group of average income people spends approximately 12 pence on pizza weekly and three times of that on hamburgers. Additionally, accounted for about 18 pence in a week, low income group buys fish and chips whereas just under 15 and 10 for hamburgers and pizza respectively.

Moving onto the line graph, fish and chips was the most consumed fast food in 1970, while the statistic had changed over the period with hamburgers led the figure in 1990. Hamburgers and pizza stood at similar point, which is well under 100 grammes, while fish and chips accounted for 300. Hamburgers and pizza constantly increased during the period where fish and chips, in contrast, experienced a slight decline. Interestingly, hamburgers soared more significantly than pizza, so that hamburgers overtook fish and chips in 1983, while pizza did in about 1989.

The bar chart compares and contrast data
The bar chart compares and contrasts data

in the amount of cash purchased on fast food
in the amount of cash spent on fast food

Write the essay in 20 minutes.