The diagram below shows the average hours of unpaid work per week done by people in different categories. (Unpaid work refers to such activities as childcare in the home, housework and gardening.)

The graph shows the hourly unpaid work by both married men and women every week around the house. Overall, most women have more unpaid work compared to men.

A married women without a child spends 30 hours every week to do free labour around the house compared to men spending only 19 hours per week. This gap almost tripled, showing a women with 1-2 children spending over 50 hours while married men spent 18 hours around their home. The highest amount of hours contributed by women is when they reach having 3 children and above at nearly 60 hours per weeks, however, it seems like men spend less free hours at this point at just over 15 hours a week.

To sum up, there is a wide gap with the free hours spend by both genders, for women, the more children they have the more free time they spend, unlike with men the less free hours they put in.