The diagram below shows how the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up to the minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts

The diagram below shows how the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts.

A glance at the diagram provided illustrates the process of collecting up-to-date data in Australian Bureau of Meteorology in order to produce public weather forecasts.

Overall, there are four main stages in the process, beginning with collecting data. Later, the data is analyzed, prepared for the forecast and broadcasted.

First of all, the process begins with gathering information from three different sources, namely: satellite, radar and drifting buoys. Then the date in the form of satellite photo, radar screen, synoptic chart is analyzed before being sent to computer. The computer prepares incoming data for the weather broadcast. In the final stage, the ready forecast is delivered to the public on television by newsreaders, on the radio, or as a recorded phone announcement.