The diagrams below show the development of small fishing village its surrounding area into a large European tourist resort

The diagrams below show the development of small fishing village its surrounding area into a large European tourist resort.

The pictures illustrate the changing of fishing village in coastal area is becoming a recreation place in Europe.

According to the picture, developing coastal area really significantly. In the past, the area was just the small village to fisherman but after the period of time, many of high buildings and real estate is getting busier and many villagers step aside to other location.

In the beginning, the fishing village had a few residential area, there was large woodland at the left side where was close to farmland and near from housing area there was a harbor. At the top of picture, the area was still natural where was a few building built in there.

Over the years, the coastal area changing a lot where the surroundings of residential area is becoming a lot of commercial areas. There are many buildings replace the natural place around the village, like skyscraper, supermarket and apartment. The harbor is demolished and it changed recreation area while, the woodland is destroyed. In the top of picture, there is new village which build near a mountain and the distance is 10 miles from residential area so there has a main street which connected between to areas.

The pictures illustrate the changing of fishing village in coastal area which is becoming a recreation place in Europe.

According to the picture, developing coastal area really significantly.
Description: what is the verb for this sentence?

there was large woodland at the left side where was close to farmland
Description: check books how to use 'where'

There are many buildings replace the natural place around the village
Description: two verbs in one sentence