The diagrams show a structure that is used to generate electricity from wave power.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The diagrams show a structure that is used to generate electricity from wave power.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The two diagrams show how electricity can be generated from the rise and fall of water caused by sea waves.

The process involves a structure which is mounted on the side of a cliff or sea wall. This structure consists of a large chamber. One end is open to the sea, and the other leads into a vertical column, which is open to the atmosphere. A turbine is installed inside this column and this is used to generate the electricity in two phases.

The first diagram indicates that when a wave approaches the device, water is forced into the chamber, applying pressure on the air within the column....