The graph illustrates the contribution of three sectors in the UK economy in twentieth century, which includes agriculture, manufacturing and business and financial services.
Let us take a look at the contribution of agriculture service, in 1990, it was about 50% and in 1950, increased gradually to just over 50% and in 1975 slumped to 10%. Also it should be noted, by 2000, it had declined to zero approximately. By moving onto the contribution of manufacturing service, it can be clearly seen, in 1900, it was 45% and in 1950, dropped moderately to 40% and in 1975, fell slightly to 35%. Finally by 2000, it had reduced to 15%. By considering the contribution of business and financial service, in 1900, it was about 2% and in 1950, increased dramatically to 10% and in 1975, doubled. Besides, by 2000, it had risen swiftly to 35%.
By contrast, before 1950, the agriculture service had had the most crucial effect and in 1975 and 2000, the manufacturing and business and financial services had the most vital impact respectively.
To sum up, the contribution of business and financial service had a upward trend and others had a downward trends in the period of time, by considering a slight increase of the contribution of agriculture service in 1950.
- The bar chart shows the highest qualification attained by sex for the working age population in Wales in 2001 2002 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant Write at least 150 words 67
- Nowadays air travel is cheaper than in the past. Is this a positive or a negative development? Discuss and give your own opinion. 72
- Success in formal pen and paper examinations is often seen to be a sign of intelligence To what extent do you agree with the view that formal examinations measure intelligence How can students be assessed 84
- More and more city workers are deciding to live in the country and travel into work every day. The result is increased traffic congestion and damage to the environment. What measures do you think could be taken to encourage people not to travel such long 70
- The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities. 80
in twentieth century
in the twentieth century
Need to polish sentences.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 6.0 out of 9
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 9 10
No. of Words: 213 200
No. of Characters: 999 1000
No. of Different Words: 96 100
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.82 4.0
Average Word Length: 4.69 4.6
Word Length SD: 3.1 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 68 60
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 58 50
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 40 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 28 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 23.667 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 10.424 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.556 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.485 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.683 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.089 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4