You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination.

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination.

Dear Tutor,

I have come to Brighton College from Singapore, where I was a student for ten years. I have already taken examinations in Singapore in English, Biology, Computer and Maths. My highest score was for Computer: I got grade A.

When I was a student in Singapore I also had a part-time job in a shop. My uncle owns a supermarket and so I helped him in the evenings. I used to work there four nights a week and I think this was very good experience for me.

At the weekends, I usually played volleyball with friends or, if the weather was bad, we used to go to the theatre, which is very popular in Singapore. Because of my part-time job, I also spent a lot of time studying at the weekend.

I haven't been to many other places. My father took me to Thailand once. Three weeks after we returned, he also went to Malaysia and took the whole family.

This is a brief description of my background.

Best wishes,

Marina