The bar chart below shows the percentage of Australian men and women in different age groups who did regular physical activity in 2010

The bar chart gives detailed information about the proportion of males and females in Australia among six age groups who generally exercised in 2010.

Looking more closely at the graph, it is obvious from the data that the majority of people joining physical activity were women.

According to the bar chart, most of the people aged between 15 and 24 years old that did physical activity were males, which accounted for 52.8% and was more than females' by 5.1%. In the group of people aged over 64 years old, there was a similarity in the percentage between men and women around 47 percent.

Between the ages of 35 and 64 years old were the three females' groups exercising the most in the period. They had percentages ranging between 52.5% and 53.3% and were also higher than men's proportion between 7.9% and 10.2%. The exercising women aged from 25 to 94 accounting for 48.9% were 6.7% more than that of men.