The chart below shows the total number of Olympic medals won by twelve different countries.
Write a report for a university, lecturer describing the information shown below.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
The chart provides information on twelve different nations which won Olympic medals.
Overall, most medals were won by the USA where Japan won the least amount.
The USA was awarded over 2000 medals in total of which nearly 1000 were gold ones and around 500 medals were made out of either silver or bronze.
While most of the European countries won around 500 trophies, only the UK and France followed by Germany and Italy received over 500 medal combining all types of medals. However, East Germany, Sweden and Hungary won less than 500 trophies. On the contrary, Soviet Union was the only state in Europe that won 1000 medal where about 500 were gold medals.
On the other hand, Japan and China, the only two Asian countries won less than 500 awards.
- With the improvements in today s health care society has to care for more and more elderly people Do you feel that society will be able to cope with the increase in numbers of elderly people today and how can it be managed Give reasons for your answer and 73
- In some countries more and more people are becoming interested in finding out about the history of the house or building they live in What are the reasons for this How can people research this 67
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task Write about the following topic Music is played in every society and culture in the world today Some people think that music brings only benefits to individuals and societies Others however think that music c 84
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task The diagram gives information about the process of making carbonated drinks Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant You should write at least 11
- Many manufactured food and drink products contain high levels of sugar which causes many health problems Sugary products should be made more expensive to encourage people to consume less sugar Do you agree or disagree 56