Essay topics: The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970-2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant.
The first bar chart illustrates, frequency of marriages and divorces amongst US citizens in the last 30 years of the precious century. Whilst the second graph compares marital status of American population between the years 1970 and 2000. Overall, it is clear that marriage rate has declined whereas divorces have increased.
To begin with, marriage was a popular affair in 1970 about 2.5 million marriages reported that year. In contrast around 1 million divorce cases were filed in 1970. Through the time frame of next 10 years marriage frequency remained the same, however, divorce rate rose significantly reaching a peak of slightly less than 1.5 million in 1980. Both marriages and divorce rate declined at a steady rate during the next 20 years. Divorces rate falling back to the same level it started, moreover, marriages finished at 2 million in 2000.
On the other hand, 70% of the American adults were married in in 1970 and this percentage dropped down by 10% in 2000. Nevertheless, adults who were never married increased from 15% in 1970 to 20% in 2000. And divorcees also inclined from 2% to almost 10%.
- Some people believe that a vertical city in which people work and live in tall buildings is a good idea. Others say that horizontal living is better. Discuss both views and express your opinion. (67)
- Some peope think that the government is wasting money on the arts and that this money could be better spent else whereTo what extent do you agree with this view? (56)
- The graph shows the number of boys and girls playing sport in an English town in 2012. (67)
- The bar chart shows the participation of children in selected leisure activities in Australia (68.5)
- The bar chart below shows the estimated percentage of car trips taken by drivers in 2005, (56)
- Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and real needs of the society in which they are sold.Agree (56)
- Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (56)
- The graph shows the number of boys and girls playing sport in an English town in 2012. (78)
- "Prevention is better than cure"Out of countries health budget , a large portion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (76.5)
- The pie charts show the main reasons for migration to and from the UK in 2007.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (73)