The diagrams below show The life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant Write at least 150 words

The diagrams give information about the periods of silkworm’s life and how the clothes making by silk.

Overall, life cycle of silkworm consist of 4 parts and it begins with an egg while ends with moth. Silk clothes product by 5 steps.

In the first diagram, silkworm makes eggs and 10 days later silkworm larvas get out from the eggs. Then they eat mulberry leaf for food as second step. After 4 or 6 weeks larvas produce silk thread and cocoons are formed in 3-8 days. Moths are be made up of these cocoons in 16 days and lifetime of silkworm turns to the beginning.

In the second diagram, protocol of silk cloth production is beginning with selecting the cocoons. After that, these cocoons are boiled in the water. Unwind process is the third step and it occurs as 300-900m length thread. These silk yarns twist and weave before the dye applied.