The graph below shows the average number of UK commuters travelling each day by car, bus or train between 1970 and 2030.
Write a report for a university, lecturer describing the information shown below.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
The provided line graph illustrates the mean number of travelers commuting by vehicles like car, bus or train from 1970 to 2030 in the UK.
Overall, an upward trend can be noticed for the use of car and train whereas travelling by bus has reduced gradually since 1970. The number of commuters is counted in millions.
More than 3 millions of commuters took the bus in 1970 but it was gradually dropping and in 2030 the number would settle just at 3 millions. On the other hand, less than 3 millions individual used train in 1970 which kept on increasing till 2000. From 2000 to 2010, 3 millions travelers relied on train journey and after 2010, the figure had climbed up and was predicted to reach near 6 millions in 2030.
Similarly, the number of car users was around 6 millions in 1970 which first slowly, then sharply rose over 6 millions in 2000 and was foretold to reach 9 millions in 2030.
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task Write about the following topic The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home for work education or shopping To what extent do you agree o 89
- In the future all cars buses and trucks will be driverless The only people travelling inside these vehicles will be passengers Do you think the advantages of driverless vehicles outweigh the disadvantages 84
- The graph below shows the number of tourists visiting a particular Caribbean island between 2010 and 2017 73
- Tables give information about sales of fairtrade labelled coffee and bananas in 1999 and 2004 in five European countries Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant 61
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task The chart shows the unemployment situation in Australia in the year 2012 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant You should write at least 15 61