You should spend about 20 minutes on this task The chart below shows the total number of Olympic medals won by twelve different countries Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below Summarise the information by selectin

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The chart below shows the total number of Olympic medals won by twelve different countries.

Write a report for a university, lecturer describing the information shown below.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar graph provides information about the number of Olympic medals won by 12 different countries.
Overall, it can be seen that there are three of medals, Gold, Silver and Bronze. The USA won highest number of all the three types whereas, Japan took home the least number of medals.
The USA being at the top position won around 800 Gold medals followed by approximately 700 Silver and 500 Bronze medals. Second in place is Soviet Union which won about 400 Gold medals, nealry 300 Silver and 250 Bronze medals. The two asian countries Japan and China won almost the same number of medals in total.
In terms of the UK, France and Italy, won relatively the same number of gold medals. Germany hit the mark of 500 medals with all the three medals being nearly same in number. Furthermore, the remaing four countries , Sweden, Hungary, Australia and East Germany won less than 500 medals overall.